Brewer Fanatic

Your 2014 Helena and Maryvale Rookie League Brewers -- Latest: Kodi Medeiros Audio, Troy Stokes Q&A

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2014 11th round RHP Brandon Woodruff, a bright spot on a statistically-challenged Helena team last summer, appeared at a Mississippi State scrimmage:

Former Bulldogs prepare for major league spring training

by Michael Bonner, The Clarion-Ledger

Mississippi State wraps up its offseason this weekend. After conducting its final two scrimmages, the Bulldogs kickoff the regular season Feb. 13 against Cincinnati.

A handful of former Bulldogs attended the scrimmage Saturday as a way to enjoy their final days before they begin preparation for their professional seasons.

Brett Pirtle, Adam Frazier, Ben Bracewell, Evan Mitchell and Brandon Woodruff signed autographs and took pictures with the MSU faithful as part of Fan Day.

Woodruff reports next Saturday within the Milwaukee Brewers organization. The right-handed pitcher spent last year in the Rookie League in Helena, Montana. Woodruff's goal is to play in High-A. Woodruff went 1-2 with a 3.28 ERA in eight starts.

"They said I got a chance. If I come in and do well, I got a chance," Woodruff said. "Working on my command. The command of the fastball. If I can get that down pat, I should be OK."

The 6'4" RHP turns 22 this Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

AUDIO, 27 Outs Blog, 3/6: Within the "Listen to the Show" right-sidebar, click on the podcast titled "Kodi Medeiros" and go to the 75:30 minute mark. The still 18-year-old (19 in May) joined the podcast. Baseball stuff, non-baseball, etc.

Need to take the podcast for what it is - would love to trade it for a Baseball America interview panel, for instance, but learn a few things about the 1st rounder along the way.

Archived