Brewer Fanatic

2014 All Stars [Announced 7/6: Ramirez and Gomez start, Lucroy and K-Rod reserves]

Bombers
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the plus side it's one less bullet point for Lucroy's agent when we are negotiating a contract in a couple years
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Braun wasn't selected by the manager/league despite being one of the leading vote getters by the fans? [sarcasm]I can't believe it!!![/sarcasm]

I keep thinking Braun is not producing, until I look at the stats and despite missing almost a month and batting 2nd for a month, he leads the team in RBI's. If he can stay even close to healthy the second half that will be a great help for the Brewers to win the World Series. I am glad he didn't make the team. Motivation when we play the Cards and he needs the rest.

Josh Harrison is hitting .298, 33 runs scored, 12 doubles, 4 triples, 5 HR and 25 RBI. .335 OBP, .453 SLG, .788 OPS. This is who Matheney picks instead of Braun.

Braun is hitting .288, 45 runs, 17 doubles, 5 triples, 11 HR, 49 RBI. .340 OBP, .507 SLG, .847 OPS.

No way is he more deserving than Braun.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Josh Harrison is hitting .298, 33 runs scored, 12 doubles, 4 triples, 5 HR and 25 RBI. .335 OBP, .453 SLG, .788 OPS. This is who Matheney picks instead of Braun.

Braun is hitting .288, 45 runs, 17 doubles, 5 triples, 11 HR, 49 RBI. .340 OBP, .507 SLG, .847 OPS.

No way is he more deserving than Braun.

i hope this motivates Braun the second half

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Charlie Blackmon going is more a snub than Harrison. Blackmon putting up an .804 OPS in Colorado is pretty darn unimpressive. At least that wasn't Matheny's snub.

EDIT: To confirm what I already knew...... .633 OPS away from Coors field.

It's tempting to be all "OK, Yadi, you won the popularity contest," but with Aramis starting I don't think Brewers fans can take that angle to gripe.

Mostly off-topic: This is the third year that I've met a player at a season seat holder event (the thing that has been in April where you say hi to a player and get a signed ball or something), and that player has gone on to make his first all-star team. I met Corey Hart in 2008, Carlos Gomez last year, and Luc in April. The players should be lining up to meet me next spring. I'm only somewhat kidding.

Look at it this way: Luc can get the late inning heroics glory.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm not surprised Smith didn't make it but Lohse should have. I too am glad Braun can stay home and rest his bad back, ribs and thumb. If Lucroy keeps playing like he has he'll be the starter next year.

It's tempting to be all "OK, Yadi, you won the popularity contest," but with Aramis starting I don't think Brewers fans can take that angle to gripe.

Mostly off-topic: This is the third year that I've met a player at a season seat holder event (the thing that has been in April where you say hi to a player and get a signed ball or something), and that player has gone on to make his first all-star team. I met Corey Hart in 2008, Carlos Gomez last year, and Luc in April. The players should be lining up to meet me next spring. I'm only somewhat kidding.

Look at it this way: Luc can get the late inning heroics glory.

Your new assignment is to meet Segura, Davis, & Gennett next year. We're all counting on you.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I love that Ramirez was voted as a starter when he wasn't deserving. Most of my life, Brewers haven't had a chance in hell of getting voted to start, deserving or not, so it's about time we get some satisfaction.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

There was an article today about Brewers fans stuffing the vote for our guys. We finished in the top 5 in nearly every position, and got Ramirez and Gomez in, and Lucroy (deserving starter) finished 2nd.

Excuse me, but.......how is such overwhelming fan support in the smallest market in the league a bad thing???

A few mentions on this "All Snub Team". Scooter the 2B pick, Braun an OF pick, and Duke as an "also considered" for RP. http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24609604/all-snub-team-national-league

I'm one of the biggest Scooter fans out there, but there is no way a platoon player should make the all star team as a starter... If even at all...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Your new assignment is to meet Segura, Davis, & Gennett next year. We're all counting on you.

If my superpower is in fact propelling Brewers to first-time all-star appearances, then it won't work with Jean. I was thinking of suggesting that the Brewers have SSHs meet the Khrush next year, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

There was an article today about Brewers fans stuffing the vote for our guys. We finished in the top 5 in nearly every position, and got Ramirez and Gomez in, and Lucroy (deserving starter) finished 2nd.

Excuse me, but.......how is such overwhelming fan support in the smallest market in the league a bad thing???

yeah, I was totally one of those guys. 525 votes for Rami, Gomez, Luc, Braun, Davis, Weeks, Reynolds and Segura. Just doing my part to ruin a terrible system even further.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If my superpower is in fact propelling Brewers to first-time all-star appearances, then it won't work with Jean. I was thinking of suggesting that the Brewers have SSHs meet the Khrush next year, though.

Oh crap -- of course! :embarrassed

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

A few mentions on this "All Snub Team". Scooter the 2B pick, Braun an OF pick, and Duke as an "also considered" for RP. http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24609604/all-snub-team-national-league

I'm one of the biggest Scooter fans out there, but there is no way a platoon player should make the all star team as a starter... If even at all...

I don't think he's saying Gennett should have been the starter, they're basically listing the next best choices. Gennett ranks 2nd in MLB in OPS among qualified players behind only Cano. Dee Gordon and Daniel Murphy made the team as reserves behind starter Chase Utley.

So who's left? Walker? Gennett has a 2.1 WAR compared to a 1.4.

Brandon Phillps has the 5th highest OPS behind Walker and the 3 actual All Star's and he's not only hurt, but his OPS is .701.

Seems like Gennett is as good a choice as anyone should they need another 2nd basemen.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Starting lineup for the NL

[pre]CF McCutchen

RF Puig

SS Tulowitzki

1B Goldschmidt

DH Stanton

3B Ramirez

2B Utley (L)

C Lucroy

LF Gomez[/pre]

Wainwright is the starting pitcher.

Matheny said he gave the CF starting nod to McCutchen due to him winning the MVP. (True, but Cargo won the gold glove award. Just saying.) Hopefully having the Brewers all batting together can have them score some runs together.

For the AL:

[pre]SS Jeter

LF Trout

2B Cano (L)

1B Cabrera

RF Bautista

DH Cruz

CF Jones

3B Donaldson

C Perez[/pre]

Felix will be the starter for the AL

Archived