Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-30 Cubs (Wood) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-5]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Roenicke will say. Well I warmed him up, I didn't want to waste Thorny warming up and not use him.

Guess he figures with Peralta and Lohse to pitch the next two games, the bullpen won't be needed when one throws a CG and the other throws 8ip Right?

For as bad as Wang has been this season, he hadn't allowed 8 runs in a single inning. So again how idiotic is it that he warmed up and pitched Thornburg in this game? This really is a problem to have Roenicke manage a bullpen with decisions like oh say 75% of everything he makes regarding it.

You suck, Roenicke. Warming up Duke just 'cos the Cubs increased their odds of victory from .1% to .2%. What an idiot we have at manager. Not to mention, Wang should have stayed in for the 9th anyways. Again, you suck, Roenicke.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I still love Rickie Weeks. I'm so happy he's been hitting so far this season.

I fully agree. I have always been a Rickie fan, and was on his case the past 2 seasons, but watching him excel is awesome! It seems like it has been a very long time since I looked forward to him coming to the plate.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I still love Rickie Weeks. I'm so happy he's been hitting so far this season.

I fully agree. I have always been a Rickie fan, and was on his case the past 2 seasons, but watching him excel is awesome! It seems like it has been a very long time since I looked forward to him coming to the plate.

I just noticed his home/road splits -- holy extreme, Batman!

H: 1.038 OPS

R: .419 OPS

EDIT: And while I'm at it...

OD-4.22: .314 OPS

4.23-now*: .995 OPS

* "Now" being up to prior to today's game... Baseball-Reference of course doesn't yet have Rickie's player page updated with tonight's stats.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It is all the little things that RRR does that just irritates me to no end.

This is just another example of over managing (or lack of managing) in a situation that does not call for any moves to be made. Let Wang finish it up and save the pen in case you actually need them in the next couple of games.

GRRRRR!

As usual, the post game interview will let him off the hook, and probably not address the situation, and if they do, they will not press him on it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Oscar Tavaras - better known as "Minor League Guy"

Taveras is going to be more than just a minor league guy. He's been one of the top 3 rated minor league hitters for the last two years.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Oscar Tavaras - better known as "Minor League Guy"

Taveras is going to be more than just a minor league guy. He's been one of the top 3 rated minor league hitters for the last two years.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Closing the roof on a night like tonight is a joke. Who's the Nancy in charge if the roof decisions this year? Bloody awful.

It's Sally!

I can see a case for not letting Wang finish. He put up a great inning (even if it was the Cubs), giving up just an opposite-field bloop double that was a foot from being foul. Let him go out with some confidence and build on that.

If it has been a while since Thorny had pitched and he needed to work on something, fine. Duke got up because Thorny was approaching 30 pitches that inning. Letting him go much further than that would not be a good thing.

Cards down 5-0 to SF...thought I would watch this game instead.

I can't figure out how SF is doing so well. Their extremely marginal hitters have to come down to earth at some point. They have more homers than us...

It's been bloody hot there this spring - desert-like, no typical fog/humidity to deaden fly balls, kind of like playing in Stockton in the Cal league. They've also played a bunch of games at Colorado and Arizona, the teams with the two worst ERAs (and likely pitching staffs) in the NL. Those parks can be pretty HR friendly too.

Morse was a good free agent signing for $6M...

Since April 20th, Thornburg has walked at least one batter in 14 of the 16 appearances he's had. Is that why Roenicke has only been using him in unimportant spots? It's odd... for the past month every time I thought they'd use him they used Kintzler instead.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It is all the little things that RRR does that just irritates me to no end.

This is just another example of over managing (or lack of managing) in a situation that does not call for any moves to be made. Let Wang finish it up and save the pen in case you actually need them in the next couple of games.

GRRRRR!

As usual, the post game interview will let him off the hook, and probably not address the situation, and if they do, they will not press him on it.

He pitched a simulated game a day or two ago so he couldn't go more than an inning.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived