Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-30 Cubs (Wood) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-5]

Marco Estrada is a scrub. We spot him a 6-0 lead, and he immediately gets to work giving it back. Hilarious.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
garza's era is worse, but it just looks like people have figured estrada out. At least you know garza has a long track record of success
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

New drinking game. Every time that Bill Schroeder says "I'm surprised that Renteria didn't call for a review", do a shot.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Cards down 5-0 to SF...thought I would watch this game instead.

I can't figure out how SF is doing so well. Their extremely marginal hitters have to come down to earth at some point. They have more homers than us...

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Ok offense, let's score some more runs. Yes, I know you thought six would be enough, but you never know with our luck.

I'm still trying to figure out how Rickie didn't get that ground ball. It was within his reach. Oh well, we just have to put that behind us, and get back to work.

New drinking game. Every time that Bill Schroeder says "I'm surprised that Renteria didn't call for a review", do a shot.

That's a home run in every other park since he didn't try to pull the baseball, partner. :laughing

I'm in.

I'm in. I started my own when I take a shoot every time they Brewers gets a hit.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I'm in.

Mr. Simmons, what can I get you? The first round is on me, even though Billy hasn't brought it up yet again.

I feel you should be in the Hall of Fame! :tongue

Nice leadoff hit, Rickie!!!

I'm in.

I'm in. I started my own when I take a shoot every time they Brewers gets a hit.

If you take a shoot every time the Brewers get a hit, you're not going to be around to enjoy the game. :laughing

Put the gun down :)

I can't figure out how SF is doing so well. Their extremely marginal hitters have to come down to earth at some point. They have more homers than us...

The announcer attributed it to very good 2 out hitting so far. (scored all 5 vs. Waino w/2 out)

I agree on the hitting. But that 5-0 score doesn't surprise me when Bumgarner is pitching for SF. It's nice to see Stl face an Ace because they avoided Tanaka in that Yankees series.

Oh plus I rolled with Wainwright in Baseball Challenge. He has I'd estimate a .2 ERA when I don't use him and a 7ERA when I use him

Ok. With another double by Davis that is 7 straight games with an XBH. What would be the Brewers' Franchise record for consecutive games with XBHs?

Burnitz had an 8-game streak in 2001, but I don't know if that's the record.

EDIT: Looks like that's the record. It was done three other times, but I don't know my whom. I found the rest of the info on Baseball Reference, but it won't show me all the info because I don't subscribe.

I don't know, either. I know Belt has like 9 or 10 home runs, but he's hurt now.

It was only a matter of time before he put it together. Brandon Belt is a guy I always thought was going to be a great hitter!

I'm in.

Mr. Simmons, what can I get you? The first round is on me, even though Billy hasn't brought it up yet again.

I feel you should be in the Hall of Fame! :tongue

Nice leadoff hit, Rickie!!!

I will have a dry Manhattan please. (no twist)

Nice belly flop, Rick! :laughing

Wow, Wood's already out.

Everybody get your favorite alcoholic beverage at the ready. Wood's getting pulled, so Billy is going to go back to the challenge that didn't happen.

I will have a dry Manhattan please. (no twist)

Here you go, sir.

Pizza's almost here, so I'll be leaving the bar open while I eat. ;)

Ok. With another double by Davis that is 7 straight games with an XBH. What would be the Brewers' Franchise record for consecutive games with XBHs?

Burnitz had an 8-game streak in 2001, but I don't know if that's the record.

I can't find the Brewers record but apparently the ML record is 14. He's halfway there.

Maldonado with 2hits! Boy will I ever take that! He's doing far better than expected with the bat this year.

Archived