Brewer Fanatic

The resurfaced North parking lot at Miller Park.

Drove home past Miller Park yesterday and I saw they put in a new asphalt parking lot in the north lot. I gotta think that's going to get quite hot for anybody tailgating. I wonder if you will even need a grill. Just lay down some foil I bet the parking lot will cook it on a hot day.

I didn't think the North lot was that bad that they needed to resurface it. If anybody's in that lot Saturday, let me know how it is.

Fixed for lot reference

Your message refers to both north and south. Do you mean the "Giants" lot, north of the interstate and off Blue Mound/Story Pkwy?

If so, it may make the area hotter, but that lot could use some evening out, so it may not be all bad.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

How I remember that lot, it was in horrible shape, particularly at the far northern end of the lot. It's been interesting to see the progress of the re-paving of that lot though, it started just after the Brewers left for their 10 game road trip... it was pretty amazing actually - they just tore up the whole lot and re-did it. But I agree, I imagine for a while that lot will be smokin hot on a sunny day.

Edit- Hawing, you're right, he meant the Bluemound lot.

We parked in the resurfaced Giants lot today (the backup north lot, marked Rockies, has not been resurfaced). It did seem hotter after the game, but that space really was overdue for an improvement, so I can live with it.

It's beautiful and dark, and much more level than before, and the parking space lines are not only visible again (!), but were redrawn at a new angle. Parked vehicles now face Helfaer Field more than Miller Park proper. It also seemed like there was a bit more room between lines - which was good news for us, as we were parking our new car there for the first time and didn't want a MP ding in the first two weeks of ownership. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I was there today too for a tailgate, and it wasn't bad at all. However, today did seem to be a bit mild for Mid-July. I wonder how it will be for tailgaters if they ever get a 90 degree day on that surface.

But the lot sure does look nice. It is great to have lines again.

Just use the hill across the access road! LOL

No kidding opening day there was a chick up there taking a leak. No folliage & facing the lot, unbelievable!

Welcome to another baseball season!!!!

which filled up with water whenever it rained.

That's the one thing we wondered about yesterday: if the drainage will be improved during/after a rain. Maybe we'll find out Wednesday or Thursday.

The black made it pretty warm, and it wasn't all that warm this weekend. But it was noticeable, cant' they color asphalt? Wonder how much it would cost to lighten it up a bit to spare the tailgaters.

Archived