Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-28 Orioles (Norris) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GET HIM OUT NOW! What is Roenicke waiting for? Walking three straight should be an indication to the manager that the pitcher is gassed.

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
GET HIM OUT NOW! What is Roenicke waiting for? Walking three straight should be an indication to the manager that the pitcher is gassed.

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

Is someone warming? Can't take him out if you don't have someone warming up.

(Well........obviously Roenicke proved that you CAN.....it's just not advisable)

gallardo always trying to make everything perfect... I like the guy but getting something for him this off season wouldn't disappoint me
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Roenicke's not going to try and have him pitch another inning, is he?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Roenicke's not going to try and have him pitch another inning, is he?

I would imagine he will try to get two more innings out of him. Not that I agree with that

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

We might as well have Hodor manage this team.

you don't take your starting pitcher out after 70 pitches...not with a 3 run lead and a bullpen coming off 2 games of frequent use, plus Yo's spot is due up 2nd in the bottom of this inning.

I'd send Yo out to try and get through the 5th, but have Duke warming up and ready to go should Yo continue scuffling...or someone capable of getting you at least 2IP. Got to at least give Yo the opportunity to get through 5 IP.

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

http://imageshack.com/a/img404/8030/207notsureifserious.jpg

Inning ending DP's are common and as much a part of the fabric of the game as the chalked lines and bases themselves...but no matter how many you've seen, they are never NOT frustrating to watch unfold. Ugh.

Inning ending DP's are common and as much a part of the fabric of the game as the chalked lines and bases themselves...

...America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again.

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

http://imageshack.com/a/img404/8030/207notsureifserious.jpg

Not sure what the problem is with this? Walking three straight players, the catcher coming out twice to see him in the half inning. Yo looks to be ok right now, but he sure looked to be struggling, and with Gallardo's ankle still not at 100%, I wouldn't have risked putting him back out there. It could have very easily gone the other way, and Roenicke has a history of not pulling pitchers when he should have.

The problem is that just because a guy walks three batters in a row doesn't mean he's gassed. It means he's not pitching particularly well for those three batters, but other than that three batter stretch, he's been good tonight, now through 5.

And I don't think his ankle is bothering him. He even said last night that he wasn't even thinking about it when he was legging out that double.

Everyone always thinks that as soon as a guy has a rough patch after the third inning that he's gassed.

The problem is that just because a guy walks three batters in a row doesn't mean he's gassed. It means he's not pitching particularly well for those three batters, but other than that three batter stretch, he's been good tonight, now through 5.

And I don't think his ankle is bothering him. He even said last night that he wasn't even thinking about it when he was legging out that double.

Everyone always thinks that as soon as a guy has a rough patch after the third inning that he's gassed.

This was the first I'd seen Yo throw tonight, and it looked like he was laboring a little bit to me. I was wrong, and I'm happy to admit it. I'd much prefer him staying in there if at all possible.

Archived