Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-27 Orioles (Chen) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-6, 10 innings, on Gallardo's walkoff 2B]

It's not totally uncharted territory for a cf to post big power numbers...ken Griffey jr did it for years. Not saying Gomez is him, but cf have hit for power. There are certainly others too.

Hence, nearly unheard of rather than unchartered territory. Of the 50+ centerfielders that start primarily at CF over a given year for the 30 MLB clubs, I'd say 3% of them post big power numbers in the range of 40 home runs a year.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't want to start a thread on it, but does anybody think that perhaps Gomez is "performance enhanced"? Popular amongst Dominican boys and he is on pace for 35-40 this year. Nearly unheard of out of the CF position. Just curious. I'm not trying to start a rumor, so much as when you see anybody connecting with new found power, it seems I always step back now and go "hmmmm".

The power has always been there, the plate discipline wasn't. If you are an MLB pitcher why would you throw Gomez a strike if he's going to chase everything. His plate discipline has improved as has his hitting mechanics (usually). He was rushed too early to the MLB level and suffered because of it....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Brutal pitch count killing 10pitch Walk there. It's amazing that Garza can go in to the 6th inning with 67pitches on his way towards a 7 inning start and now he likely is done after 6 here if the pitcher comes to bat in the bottom of the inning.

It's not totally uncharted territory for a cf to post big power numbers...ken Griffey jr did it for years. Not saying Gomez is him, but cf have hit for power. There are certainly others too.

Hence, nearly unheard of rather than unchartered territory. Of the 50+ centerfielders that start primarily at CF over a given year for the 30 MLB clubs, I'd say 3% of them post big power numbers in the range of 40 home runs a year.

I would say Gomez is in a 1% category when it come to physical ability and tools. There aren't many in the history of the game built like Gomez that have his speed and athleticism. I am not surprised to see him doing things that are nearly unheard of. He always had a ton of power. He just never started putting it all together until the last few years.

Good to see that Krush is really starting to hit the ball. Segura's hitting, Braun is hitting, Luc is hitting, Go Go is hitting...I'm liking it.

How about Reynolds with 12 home runs? Wow.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Hey Garza made it through the first without giving up a run. It must be our day

It seemed like our day in his last start against the Braves, too.

http://imageshack.com/a/img397/4709/rachelgp6.jpg

Botch a double play. Leave Garza in even though he's clearly tired and we're losing. After yesterdays debacle, losing this one legitimately could be the beginning of the end of the season. We're literally just giving away games left and right over the last week.

Ron couldn't figure out how to do a double switch so Smith could come into the game in the 7th? Garza had clearly fading over the last 2 innings. It's like we have Ned Yost all over again. NOW he double switches!?!?!?

Why the hell is Garza still in there? Way to go, RRR.

Somebody get this team a new manager, please. We gave our starting pitcher a 5-0 lead to start the game, and Garza and Roenicke just completely blew it.

Get rid of them both.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived