Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-26 Orioles (Tillman) at Brewers (Lohse), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6, 10 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/orioles.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 26 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Orioles (25-23) | Brewers (30-21)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/orioles/tillman-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/lohse-05.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-2, 4.21 ERA, 1.39 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Tillman is coming off one of the worst starts of his career, allowing six earned runs over an inning-plus against the Pirates. The righty has pitched to an ERA over six in his last half-dozen starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-1, 2.67 ERA, 1.05 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Orioles | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse recorded his ninth quality start in his most recent outing, giving up only one run in eight innings against the Braves. His victory snapped a four-game losing streak for the Brewers, who hadn't won since his previous start.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Nick Markakis
  2. 3B Manny Machado
  3. CF Adam Jones
  4. LF Nelson Cruz
  5. 1B Steve Pearce
  6. SS J.J. Hardy
  7. C Nick Hundley
  8. 2B Jonathan Schoop
  9. RHP Chris Tillman

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. RF Ryan Braun
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. 3B Mark Reynolds
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett
  7. LF Khris Davis
  8. 1B Lyle Overbay
  9. P Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not going to lie, and I don't live in the past (despite my line of work), but I had a little pang of something when I typed in J.J. Hardy on the non-Brewers side above. This is his first time playing against the Brewers since his trade, right? Seems like he was on the DL when the Twins came here during his time there.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anybody know when the club expects Ramirez to be back? Overbay at 1B is pretty painful...

Ramirez (hamstring) hopes to be ready to return to the Brewers by the end of their current homestand, Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. (31 minutes ago)

Over 300 miles from Baltimore and I'm blacked out on MLB.TV. Lame.

Same here...luckily I only lose Baltimore and Washington here. When I lived in Iowa, I couldn't watch Milwaukee, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, Twins, Royals, or Cardinals.

Carlos Gomez is having an exceptional couple of years.

Anybody know when the club expects Ramirez to be back? Overbay at 1B is pretty painful...

They just said on the broadcast that they are hoping Ramirez can come back after this series with Baltimore if I heard them correctly. Happy Memorial Day to any vets that happen to be on this board by the way.

Hardy is a very nice shortstop but Gomez is a game changer. We won that trade. We won that trade.

Although if it were a video game, I'd probably trade back for Hardy and put him either at 3B or move Segura to 2B lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ruh roh. Limit the damage or were in big trouble.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Did the ground ball to segura and the triple from jones look like poor positioning/ effort to any one else?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Poor positioning maybe. Didn't see lack of effort.

I'd be upset that we brought the infield in and a routine groundball became a double, but if it's back, they score on that grounder and it's 3-1 either way. So it really didn't make a difference on the score.

Boy did Braun not take kindly to his liner being caught lol

I'm sorry but if they play with no 3B, you should bunt every time.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I like this lineup. I'm not a huge fan of Segura and his OBP at #1....but I've LONG been an advocate of Braun at #2, and Gomez plays well at the cleanup.

Davis and Segura are both starting to hit a bit (Davis closing in on .700 OPS, and Siggy is over .300 OBP), so hopefully the run scoring WHOAAS are behind us.

Sure wish Lohse had shown up today though. He's getting knocked around like a red-headed step child.

Archived