Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-23 Brewers (Estrada) at Marlins (Koehler) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win homerfest, 9-5]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 23 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (28-20) | Marlins (25-23)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/marlins.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/estrada-07.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/marlins/koehler-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]3-2, 3.64 ERA, 1.16 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]Estrada gave up a season-high seven hits in a season-low five innings against the Cubs in his most recent turn. It was his first loss since April 15, and the second time in the past three starts he's given up four runs.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]4-3, 2.25 ERA, 1.11 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]After a rough outing against the Dodgers, Koehler turned in a terrific seven-inning performance at San Francisco, where he struck out seven. The right-hander has gone at least seven innings in three of his past four starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. 3B Mark Reynolds
  6. 1B Lyle Overbay
  7. LF Khris Davis
  8. RF Logan Schafer
  9. RHP Marco Estrada

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Christian Yelich
  2. 2B Derek Dietrich
  3. RF Giancarlo Stanton
  4. 3B Casey McGehee
  5. 1B Garrett Jones
  6. C Jarrod Saltalamacchia
  7. CF Marcell Ozuna
  8. SS Adeiny Hechavarria
  9. RHP Tom Koehler

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Verified Member

I like Jean leading off. Even if Braun was in the lineup I'd rather have Gomez behind him.

Hopefully the fortunes of this road trip turn around tonight.

Rumor has it RR mistakenly had the team fly back to Milwaukee last night, he didn't realize this was an away series. The players thought it didn't make sense but nobody said anything.

Just read comment in the last IGT about bullpen initiative, and that is why I am commenting here. How was the bullpen supposed to pick up the phone and ask RR what was going on when he was out on the mound getting Kintzler?

There would be no need for a single one of those guys to be calling the dugout. Their entire careers they wait in the bullpen until they get a call from the dugout and then follow that direction. Nothing would make me expect them to do something different.

I like Jean leading off. Even if Braun was in the lineup I'd rather have Gomez behind him.

Hopefully the fortunes of this road trip turn around tonight.

Me too and until Braun gets right - him and Ramirez can hit 5/6th ... Go Jean!

I'm a Segura fan and think he has a great future, but he seems awful at base stealing. Even beyond his poor success rate and pickoffs, it seems like whenever he's safe, all it would've taken was a decent throw to get him.

I'm just going to assume throwing one down the pipe on 0-2 to Stanton was a mistake.

Hope so, can only assume he tried to sneak a fastball on the corner and missed. Not sure why you would even throw a fastball there though.

That two Home Runs tonight for Marco that the biggest Issue with him.That why i believe he will be the guy replaced by Nelson by next season.

Estrada is a good no. 5. Could we get anything of value back if we were to trade Marco this season?

That two Home Runs tonight for Marco that the biggest Issue with him.That why i believe he will be the guy replaced by Nelson by next season.

Estrada is a good no. 5. Could we get anything of value back if we were to trade Marco this season?

I don't see the point of trading him. He's a good starting pitcher. I guess if we could get a younger pitcher of equal quality.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think that's 12 HR allowed by Marco.

Archived