Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-22 Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Harang) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

TooLiveBrew
A real troll would be mentioning that it's clear Braun needs some healing testosterone shots.

Exactly. I'm not a troll at all.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gennett hit in the 9th like I was counting on it would have turned out differently. RR screwed the pooch.

Could have.

Could have turned out differently.

I'm pretty confident it would have been different. He'd move Schafer over to 2B or single, and then the old fashioned sac fly. Throwing weeks out there was a guaranteed out.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

RR took blame for miss communication... Said he sent Maldy to the bullpen to tell 2 relievers to throw? .... Said infield in is an automatic in that situation. Can't let them tie on the road.... Said loss will be hard on him not players.

If Gennett hit in the 9th like I was counting on it would have turned out differently. RR screwed the pooch.

Could have.

Could have turned out differently.

I'm pretty confident it would have been different. He'd move Schafer over to 2B or single, and then the old fashioned sac fly. Throwing weeks out there was a guaranteed out.

How could Gennett bat when he was already taken out of the game with the double switch fiasco in the 7th?

This prediction doesn't count because why RR brought in Weeks to PH in the 9th when he can't hit the high heat anymore is beyond me. I can't help that our manager is mentally ******** today.

Oh ok, so now predictions don't count if the game goes to extras or the manager makes a decision you disagree with. I'm sure if Weeks had homered you still would have nullified this prediction.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Where is all this offensive talent? Lucroy, Braun, Gomez, and Ramirez (if he can ever stay healthy). Besides Davis and Segura, who are still trying to get on track, who else on this team excites you with their offensive abilities?

Just have to accept the fact that some fans see things through rose colored glasses. Either that, or this is an epic troll job.

I see things that others are to blinded to see. We'll revisit this another time.

I must be too blinded to see the extra "o" that should be there.

75 pitches through 6 innings.

How in the world does a manager come in and take Garza out after the Uggla Single? WITH the Catcher due up, runners on 1st/2nd? Um? Double Play ball? Let your FA signed 4/52mil contract pitcher get himself out of that 7th inning when he's at 88pitches!?!@??

For !@#$% Sake! When RRR came out to take Garza out, If I were him I wouldn't have given him the ball. Told him to walk is !@# back to the dugout I'm pitching to the next two batters. #8/Pitcher's spot in the order. How do you screw that up as a manager?

In a game where Garza had 7 to 8innings of Bullpen resting Start it appears RRR wasn't comfortable with giving them b2b days off of rest with another Road series on deck tomorrow. No. RRR instead makes the decision to wind up using Kintzler,Smith, and Wooten for the final 5 outs that Garza should have been able to cover before turning the 9th and final additional outs to KRod to get the Win.

I don't even care about the complete jumble that happened after. RRR plain lost this game and me if I were Garza by taking him out with 1out in the 7th, runners on 1st/2nd and the Catcher due up!

Is it possible to throw a ball in the dugout at RRR on a pick off attempt at 1b/3b? I'd go ahead and toss one at him being Garza next time out to send him a message.

For all the talk about the Washington Redskins being offensive to Native Americans, do you think the fans of the Atlanta Braves and their little tomahawk chop might be offending them a little bit more?

No kidding. That chop nonsense IMO is more demeaning that some profile on a helmet.

I watched on gameday at work. I am too sick to hardly comment. The only thing I can say is BAD BASEBALL. You are up 4-1 with runners on the corners in the, 7th was it?, 1 out. You manage to get picked off first. Then you have a pitcher on like 60 pitches, that you need to replace with an unknown quantity.

Do I have it right. A game that was one bunt away from being 'put away' to a game where the manager and player forgot what they are paid millions to do.

Sickening.

If we end up down the can, this is game that started it. What a joke. What a choke. Not defensible.

I guess the Atlanta fans had a good time. When will the Brewers stop gifting and choking. How sad. Will we ever be a real group of ball players.

When I read the game recap, I wondered how many calls to DFA RRR and how many pages the IGT would be at bf.net. A bit disappointed really, only 10 pages.

Anyway, can we please get rid of RRR now?

I want Braun on the 30 day DL until this thigh problem is fully behind him. We can manage without him. Also, he has nothing to lose by having that thumb surgery. Anybody remember the recovery time on that?

thigh problem?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This is straight delusion. Who exactly on the roster this year compared to last makes that much of a difference that they jumped from middle-bottom of the pack talent to top 3?

You are underestimating Davis and Sugura, and are forgetting that Braun will eventually start hitting, and that we also have Gomez and Ramirez on the roster and we are only 1.5 months into the season, and will likely add a 1B man that can hit mid-season. Our pitching is really good.

Sugura?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So, um, yeah...I was at the game last night. The first game my kids have ever gone to.

That 7th inning was the worst inning I have ever experienced in person. It was absolutely excruciating. I almost started rooting for the Braves. It took so long that my wife and I decided to leave early, since she had work in the morning and our kids weren't used to staying up so late. We were lucky this was Atlanta; the crowd was getting really pissed off - in other cities, things might've gotten ugly.

On the bright side, we got four Andrelton Simmons bobbleheads.

I was also at the game---actually about ten feet from the bullpen...

It was God awful in every way. Even the Braves fans around me were moaning over the replays bc of the time wasted.

Wooten and Thornburg were angry when the pitching change was made...they complained loudly about it for 5 minutes after it happened---until wooten went to warmup.

Last night's boneheaded bullpen move made us look like amateurs but 2 pitching coaches - Kranitz and bullpen coach Tunnell were not there last night. I pray that was the reason that situation imploded last night...

I want Braun on the 30 day DL until this thigh problem is fully behind him. We can manage without him. Also, he has nothing to lose by having that thumb surgery. Anybody remember the recovery time on that?

thigh problem?

no gurantee that the thumb surgery would even help. If you think they won't miss Braun if he is out for 30 games you are wrong

Last night's boneheaded bullpen move made us look like amateurs but 2 pitching coaches - Kranitz and bullpen coach Tunnell were not there last night. I pray that was the reason that situation imploded last night...

As dumb as last night was, and it really is on Roenicke, if the guys in the bullpen were so confused and upset...why doesn't one of them pick up the phone and ask them what's going on. It just seems a little initiative by someone could have gone a long way. If the General is going to march you through a mine field, wouldn't someone want to mention it to him?

I was there too. The amount of replay was insane. Probably the most disappointed I've been at a game between the bullpen fiasco and taking that gorgeous flip away from Bianchi. And losing.

I was also at the game---actually about ten feet from the bullpen...

Wooten and Thornburg were angry when the pitching change was made...they complained loudly about it for 5 minutes after it happened---until wooten went to warmup.

I was about halfway up the third base line - it was funny seeing Duke (I think it was Duke) walk to a spot about in line were we were and put his hands up like, "WTH? Am I going in or what?"

It was God awful in every way. Even the Braves fans around me were moaning over the replays bc of the time wasted.

Like I said earlier, I'm glad this was Atlanta and not somewhere like Philly. The natives were getting extremely restless.

I don't mind the replays because hell, if you can review something you should do it. I just hate the whole process of the manager walking out, stalling, and then deciding to challenge. The reviews took a long time last night, but it's really because they were such extremely close plays, especially the first one.

Any reason Smith couldn't have thrown pickoff throws to 3rd until he was good and warm? Or just walked a guy (which would have been practical in that situation anyway) and then thrown pickoff moves to 1st to get warm?

Archived