Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-22 Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Harang) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

TooLiveBrew
This prediction doesn't count because why RR brought in Weeks to PH in the 9th when he can't hit the high heat anymore is beyond me. I can't help that our manager is mentally ******** today.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can somebody find me a link of Roenicke's post game presser? This should be entertaining.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Also, guys like Jean Segura and Aramis Ramirez are decent players. They don't give you top 3 talent. And unless you are referring to a trade I don't know about in which we acquired Chris Davis, players like Khris Davis are a dime a dozen.

Good job Ron. This one is squarely on you.

+1.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

You literally named all guys that were on last year's team. So are you saying the 74-88 Brewers of 2013 had top 3 talent?

Yes. Some had down years last year and some were new to the Majors. Sounds about right.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Where is all this offensive talent? Lucroy, Braun, Gomez, and Ramirez (if he can ever stay healthy). Besides Davis and Segura, who are still trying to get on track, who else on this team excites you with their offensive abilities?

Just have to accept the fact that some fans see things through rose colored glasses. Either that, or this is an epic troll job.

I see things that others are to blinded to see. We'll revisit this another time.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This prediction doesn't count because why RR brought in Weeks to PH in the 9th when he can't hit the high heat anymore is beyond me. I can't help that our manager is mentally ******** today.

SO you're saying Bianchi for SURE would have gotten a hit there? The .370-ish OPS guy.

I mean, literally, is this thing you're doing a troll job? It has to be, right?

SO you're saying Bianchi for SURE would have gotten a hit there? The .370-ish OPS guy.

I mean, literally, is this thing you're doing a troll job? It has to be, right?

No Gennett.

Must be nice to always allow yourself an out...

I'm 4-2 with my predictions. This is one.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The explanation for the 7th inning should be interesting. I am sure it was a communication problem but that still can't happen. It put Smith in an impossible position (Although if they would have played the infield back they could have gotten out of that tied perhaps).

Anyways that is a dejecting loss and all the highlight shows will be laughing at that atrocity of a 7th inning.

Oh and of course Braun and Gomez are hurting again. Why can't this team be frickin healthy for once; this is ridiculous

If Gennett hit in the 9th like I was counting on it would have turned out differently. RR screwed the pooch.

If Gennett hit in the 9th like I was counting on it would have turned out differently. RR screwed the pooch.

Gennett was out of the game long before you made that prediction.

I also want to know why nobody seems to care about the obvious substance on Kimbrel's hat bill.

I was wondering the same. Considering how quick Gonzalez was to challenge every detail about Roenicke's screwed up pitching change, you would think Roenicke would at least take a moment to broach the subject with the umpires. If for no other reason than to try and save a little face, so to speak.

I'm not totally in the mood for levity yet, but I'd like to post this anyway because it's what I kept thinking of every time another challenge/review arose:

So what's to stop a dickish manager from grinding the pace of a game to a halt with repeated challenges or requests for reviews?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If the pitcher has to touch the rubber to be official, why not keep Kintzler in the game? Smith pitching without stretching or throwing is stupid if not necessary.

That is only the case if the substitution is not verbalized to the umps. Roenicke verbalized the switch since it was part of a double switch.

I also want to know why nobody seems to care about the obvious substance on Kimbrel's hat bill.

His pre pitch routine is to touch his brim and then go down into that weird stance. His brim is just worn down exposing the material underneath.

I was wondering the same. Considering how quick Gonzalez was to challenge every detail about Roenicke's screwed up pitching change, you would think Roenicke would at least take a moment to broach the subject with the umpires. If for no other reason than to try and save a little face, so to speak.

I don't think Roenicke knows how to save face. He's never retaliated against another manager in his career.

Community Moderator

Where is all this offensive talent? Lucroy, Braun, Gomez, and Ramirez (if he can ever stay healthy). Besides Davis and Segura, who are still trying to get on track, who else on this team excites you with their offensive abilities?

Just have to accept the fact that some fans see things through rose colored glasses. Either that, or this is an epic troll job.

I see things that others are to blinded to see. We'll revisit this another time.

Except that Gennett started and was removed earlier in the game. You didn't see that apparently.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived