Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-22 Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Harang) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

TooLiveBrew
The Brewers are in the top 3 in talent in baseball.

Still standing behind this statement??

Yes.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My bet is that Roenicke's thought process was when Laird got that fluke "double" putting runners at 2nd and 3rd, Roenicke thought "I need to turn around Doumit and get a strikeout" He plain forgot he hadn't gotten Smith up. Complete brain lock. That's my guess. Its the only possible explanation. Of course it's understandable as Roenicke has been very busy this week concentrating on how to best use his 12th pitcher.

The worst thing about tonight is that Overbay's double and "hard-hit out" probably guaranteed him another month on the roster.

You know, I thought the exact same thing when it happened.

Unfortunately, I can't watch the post game presser on MLB.tv, as they cut the feed so as not to show any interviews. I'm sure I can find it on Brewers.com, but I'm afraid what will happen to my flat screen monitor if I see him talking.

"I think Lyle had a good night. The box score will only show 1 for 3, but he really drove the ball well."

Just shoot me, please.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Community Moderator
This has been the most disheartening game I can remember in a while. I am interested in the explanation for the bullpen botch job, because it certainly seems inexcusable at this point. The look on the faces of guys in the bullpen summed it up perfectly.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I want Braun on the 30 day DL until this thigh problem is fully behind him. We can manage without him. Also, he has nothing to lose by having that thumb surgery. Anybody remember the recovery time on that?
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

The Brewers are in the top 3 in talent in baseball.

Still standing behind this statement??

Yes.

Where is all this offensive talent? Lucroy, Braun, Gomez, and Ramirez (if he can ever stay healthy). Besides Davis and Segura, who are still trying to get on track, who else on this team excites you with their offensive abilities?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Well, if we come back here, good for the Brewers. If not, Kimbrel gets me a save.

This is straight delusion. Who exactly on the roster this year compared to last makes that much of a difference that they jumped from middle-bottom of the pack talent to top 3?

You are underestimating Davis and Sugura, and are forgetting that Braun will eventually start hitting, and that we also have Gomez and Ramirez on the roster and we are only 1.5 months into the season, and will likely add a 1B man that can hit mid-season. Our pitching is really good.

This season replay has been proving that the umps don't do as great of a job as we were lead to believe.

Any site track how many calls each ump has had reversed?

That's a great question. Somewhere, somebody has to be tracking this. Everything else in baseball is tracked.

Anybody know?

Saw an article after the first month or so. Umps were getting over 90% right if I recall. I may not, and haven't seen that updated.

You may run like Mays...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Where is all this offensive talent? Lucroy, Braun, Gomez, and Ramirez (if he can ever stay healthy). Besides Davis and Segura, who are still trying to get on track, who else on this team excites you with their offensive abilities?

Just have to accept the fact that some fans see things through rose colored glasses. Either that, or this is an epic troll job.

This season replay has been proving that the umps don't do as great of a job as we were lead to believe.

Any site track how many calls each ump has had reversed?

Last I heard 40% are overturned.

That's challenges. I'm wondering number of calls each individual ump has had overturned. Or even an umps "batting average" so to speak. The number of overturned calls/total number of calls they've made.

Archived