Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-22 Brewers (Garza) at Braves (Harang) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start with Roenicke repeatedly playing for one run and eliminating any chance of a big inning against Harang who had nothing. Then he changes pitchers with nobody in the pen warming up. Then he plays infield in with lead run at 2nd base.

I don't believe Yost ever messed one up this bad.

Nice job brewers. Good grief. Asinine on all accounts.

Why have the infield completely in with the go ahead run at second?? Weak ground ball and were losing. Infield back it's only one run. This loss is all on roenicke IMO.

I'm actually mad enough to turn the game off.

That ball was hit sharply enough that they might have even had a play at the plate there with Segura back. Absolutely no reason to play the infield in there, no reason at all.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Start with Roenicke repeatedly playing for one run and eliminating any chance of a big inning against Harang who had nothing. Then he changes pitchers with nobody in the pen warming up. Then he plays infield in with lead run at 2nd base.

Oh yes he did........

Odd thought, but when RR called for the pitching change and realized Smith was sitting on the bench with his jacket on yet, could/should he have kept Kintzler in?

It was his first trip to the mound with Kintzler pitching I believe. Does the hand signal from the manager officially end the night for the pitcher on the mound? If not what does?

Kintzler again in a close game...when will Roenicke learn?

Had my breath held the entire time. Somehow Ron's the only one who thinks Kintzler is clutch.

Lot's to complain about but Kintzler isn't on the list...at leaast not tonight. He did his job...he just got unlucky.

Oh yes he did........

You may be right but Ned never went out to take out a pitcher when nobody was up in the pen. At least I don't remember that.

For all the talk about the Washington Redskins being offensive to Native Americans, do you think the fans of the Atlanta Braves and their little tomahawk chop might be offending them a little bit more?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Just tuned in Boys. Looks like I missed a lot of good (interesting) ball playing. You guys are really down on RR tonight. I can relate.

Tony La Russa ever make a call to the bullpen with nobody warming up?

http://thewallmachine.com/files/1353014815.jpg

"Mr. Roenicke, you are a brainless man."

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

RR went to the umpire first and gave him the double-switch. Umpire had already written it in his card, so I'm guessing that is what makes it official.

Atlanta tv crew said Duke touching the rubber is what made it official and that is what the replay was looking for/confirmed.

Archived