Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Gomez, class act.

AZBrewCrew
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but this is regarding the boy that was hit by Carlos' foul ball last night. Judging by his reaction during the game it was obvious he was shaken up by the incident. Turns out he went to visit the boy in the hospital and signed the ball for him. Pretty classy move if you ask me. http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/2014/05/21/76278682/boy-hit-with-foul-ball-in-atlanta-ok-gets-visit-from-players-in-hospital
Formerly AirShuttle6104

The kid probably also got a good laugh with Gomez.

Carlos Gomez Googles Rich-People Conversations

[braun] says that recently Gomez informed him, while holding a plate full of kiwi, that the fruit had three times as much potassium as bananas. “I asked him how he heard it,” Braun says. “He told me, now that he’s wealthy, he’s been Googling rich-people conversation so he know what to talk to wealthy people about, and he came across that data.”

Gomez might be the most misunderstood guy in the game. He's great. One of my all time favorites. Braves broadcast team wasn't effusive in their praise tonight but they gave muted respect. Said he had a "good day". Geesh.

I was at that game. When I found out it was a kid I just knew Gomez was going to be awesome and visit or something like that. I heard the Braves' broadcasters call him "classy" tonight. Nice.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but this is regarding the boy that was hit by Carlos' foul ball last night. Judging by his reaction during the game it was obvious he was shaken up by the incident. Turns out he went to visit the boy in the hospital and signed the ball for him. Pretty classy move if you ask me. http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/2014/05/21/76278682/boy-hit-with-foul-ball-in-atlanta-ok-gets-visit-from-players-in-hospital

http://i.imgur.com/RVyP9.gif

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
This is a classy move by Gomez. I admire the hell out of it. He may have had some stupid outbursts on the field, but that's just his nature. He plays this game at least at 125% all the time. I would say he needs to learn when to pick his spots, but I don't want him to lose the effort he has out there.

Honestly one of the coolest videos I've watched in awhile. Glad he's on our team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Are more newsworthy events happening around this year's Brewers team, or has the Brewers PR staff just done a better job promoting / capitalizing on these sorts of things?

- These two Gomez events (including a return visit for the autograph girl with a chance to throw out the first pitch last night, while sitting in what I believe are the owner's seats).

- The "Happy" viral video.

- #WCWW

- #BallparkPup

...I'm sure that I'm missing a story or two, but I think you get my point. I'd say it's a result of the team having a winning record, but these "soft news" events started back in Spring Training.

...I'm sure that I'm missing a story or two, but I think you get my point. I'd say it's a result of the team having a winning record, but these "soft news" events started back in Spring Training.

This is just the Brewers PR staff promoting to its casual fan base.

Gomez: I think he has always been like this, but it isn't something to promote before he becomes a star. (And camera friendly fans never went after him before he was a star)

The Happy Video: They usually do a video in this vein. This is just the best one they've done.

WWCW: This is because of the how many pitchers in the bullpen have Twitter. Bullpens are usually like this (something about having nothing to do for large parts of the game and being 400 feet away from Coach). Twitter and YouTube allow the players to broadcast their antics. All it takes is a short right up and a link for the PR staff to "feature" these on the website.

BallparkPup: This is another thing the players gravitated for that just happened to be PR ready. I imagine the PR staff is usually suppressing the player antics at spring training.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived