Brewer Fanatic

Trade partner - Tampa Bay Rays [Latest -- rumored ask for David Price: Nelson, Thornburg, & Coulter (post #94)]

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is his ceiling only a #3? He throws in the mid 90's, has a ton of movement and a very heavy fastball and a nasty slider.

He has the ability to become at least a #2 and if he is the rare type of pitcher who's command, not just control, really improves, he absolutely could become an ace.

And what rival is on the verge of "improving big time?" John Lackey and Justin Masterson don't scream "vast improvements," to me. In fact, I love that the Cards gave up Craig while dealing with his foot injury AND Joe Kelly for John Lackey. I don't believe either of the additions the Cardinals made are improvements over any of our 5 starters. More proven perhaps. But that's about it.

Peralta's ceiling is that of an ace, and what does he have over Nelson? Another tick on his FB, but otherwise very similar pitchers.

I get wanting the ace, but don't diminish the players we've got in order to do so. If you can put up a 8.5-9.0 K/9 ratio and rack up the GB's, you can be an ace IMO.

He has nice stuff but lacks control. No scout has ever said this guy can be ace. Lackey and Masterson on paper don't seem like good pitchers. However, St. Louis has excellent coaching. It wouldn't surprise me if both end up working out for the Lards. Brewers sat on their @sses and failed to counter St. Louis's moves. Parra is nice, but I'm not sure if he's the difference maker this team needs. I'm glad Craig is gone. Guy murdered the Brewers pretty much every game. It's an insult to compare a great pitcher like Peralta to a nobody like Nelson.

Price will be a Brewer by the end of the trade deadline.

Good call.

Hey, the deadline is not over yet... He is never wrong, so I can only believe that Price will in fact be a Brewer in the next couple of hours. The Tigers found out about PrinceFielderx1's prediction, so they might feel obligated to trade him to the Brewers.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Price will be a Brewer by the end of the trade deadline.

Good call.

Hey, the deadline is not over yet... He is never wrong, so I can only believe that Price will in fact be a Brewer in the next couple of hours. The Tigers found out about PrinceFielderx1's prediction, so they might feel obligated to trade him to the Brewers.

The deadline ended at 3 pm CST.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Tampa Bay's somewhat confusing return suggests to me that they wanted MLB or near-MLB players back, and not just elite prospects to rebuild with. Maybe Nelson fits the bill there, but if they were asking for other MLB pieces I'm glad a trade didn't happen.

He has nice stuff but lacks control. No scout has ever said this guy can be ace. Lackey and Masterson on paper don't seem like good pitchers. However, St. Louis has excellent coaching. It wouldn't surprise me if both end up working out for the Lards. Brewers sat on their @sses and failed to counter St. Louis's moves. Parra is nice, but I'm not sure if he's the difference maker this team needs. I'm glad Craig is gone. Guy murdered the Brewers pretty much every game. It's an insult to compare a great pitcher like Peralta to a nobody like Nelson.

Really? Because they're about as close stuff wise as you can get.

And Peralta was labeled as an inning eating middle of the rotation starter.

Nelson averages 3.5 B/9 IP thus far in his big league career(13 BB in 33 IP and a 3.27 ERA)

Peralta averaged 3.6 his first two years and a 4.11 ERA(15 BB in his first 33 IP)

Peralta averaged 4.0 BB per 9 IP in the minors.

Nelson averaged 3.8 BB per 9 IP in the minors.

Nelson in his minor league career has an ERA of 3.12 8.8 K/9 and a BB/K ratio of 2.32

Peralta in his minor league career has an ERA of 3.99, 8.5 K/9 and a BB/K ratio of 2.12

It's DEFINITELY an "insult," to compare Nelson to Peralta despite the fact that have VERY similar stuff and Nelson's put up better numbers in both the minor leagues as well as the big leagues thus far.

Think back a few years ago when Peralta was barely a top 10 prospect in our farm system. I have no doubt you would have said he is a #5 pitcher and a mediocre prospect.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived