Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-20 Brewers (Gallardo) at Braves (Teheran) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the season has ups and downs yadda yadda. But this team is really difficult to watch recently. Gut feeling tells me they will be lucky to come out of ATL with one win. I feel a sweep is more probable unfortunately though
Formerly AirShuttle6104

even the braves announcers questioning bringing in wang last night in a one run game and smith tonight in a blowout. WOW. Roenicke is in a mental slump with the hitting
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewers have been a boring team to watch for a long time now....the lead will be gone by the end of the road trip with the cards at home against AZ......

Tonight was just another bad game...bad pitching...bad defense and no hitting.......the triple crown

You know a surefire sign that you're a really bad hitter?

When the opposing pitcher won't even put one pitch in the strike zone against Khris Davis because you're on deck.

and when they bring in their other crappy utility infielder to pinch hit for you in the 9th

as I say that the crappy pinch hitter gets a base hit

I think come the all star game i not seeing this team being a contender.They have many issues and could not expect the Pitching to do what they did in April. BTW use SMITH TONIGHT IS A TOTAL BONE HEAD MOVE.RR seems to be lost on how to use a bullpen

Awesome. 128 pitch complete game shutout.

It's only roughly 14 pitches per inning. Sure it's a lot of pitches, but he's a young ace-in-the-making going for the second shutout in his MLB career. Ignoring his next-most-recent start (a bad one, he was chased in the 4th), he averaged 94.5 pitches & 7.5 innings over the previous four starts.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not to mention, he really didn't have a stressful inning or never had to make stressful pitches until the 9th inning, and even then with the 5 run lead it wasn't like the outcome was ever in doubt.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/columns/nothin_but_net/wiggins_parker_embiid460x250.jpg

Can any of these guys hit?

I can hit on Mallory.

Mallory should bat 8th. She would probably get on base more than Bianchi.

Yeah I have to question Fredi here; there is no reason to have your stud young SP out there up 5 runs with well over 120 pitches. Kinda dumb.

Because he doesn't operate under the typical logic of 100 pitches means I must pull the starter. He doesn't manage his pitching staff like a stupid robot, which is what RR does.

Using Smith and Thornburg tonight in a blowout while tossing Wang out there last night with a one run lead makes no sense at all. Same as a couple weeks ago when he used Smith with a 5 run lead, which caused him to be unavailable the following day. The following day Kinzler blew a one run lead in the 8th....

I know we all play arm chair manager, but a lot of these decisions RR makes are failures in common sense that even a person who is not a hardcore baseball fan would question.

It has nothing to do with 100 pitches. Why send him out after the 8th? He was around 110 pitches, it's a 5-0 game, just send in one of your worse relievers to close the game out.

It has nothing to do with 100 pitches. Why send him out after the 8th? He was around 110 pitches, it's a 5-0 game, just send in one of your worse relievers to close the game out.

Because he's an elite young athlete who probably wanted the shutout badly. If it's not about the pitch count, then what's the harm?

Because he's an elite young athlete who probably wanted the shutout badly. If it's not about the pitch count, then what's the harm?

I wouldn't want any of my favorite team's young pitchers throwing 130 pitches in a game. Like I said it's not some magical 100 pitch count but 8 shutout innings is great work and 110 pitches to me is plenty considering the game situation. If it's say 1-0 and your bullpen isn't very good, go ahead and send him out. To me there was just no reason to send him out for the 9th. Don't really care about him pitching a CG shutout.

I wouldn't want any of my favorite team's young pitchers throwing 130 pitches in a game. Like I said it's not some magical 100 pitch count but 8 shutout innings is great work and 110 pitches to me is plenty considering the game situation. If it's say 1-0 and your bullpen isn't very good, go ahead and send him out. To me there was just no reason to send him out for the 9th. Don't really care about him pitching a CG shutout.

If it was a Brewers player, I'd agree 100% here. Just trying to rationalize why Gonzalez, Teheran, & the Braves did what they did.

Wang wasn't available. ;)

I'm not all that concerned with our pitching but our bats are still AWOL. I can understand a player or 2 slumping but not practically all of them. :( We scored only 5 runs in the past 5 games. You just can't win doing that and now the damn Cards are breathing down our necks. What is it about May and this bunch anyway?

I'm not all that concerned with our pitching but our bats are still AWOL. I can understand a player or 2 slumping but not practically all of them. :( We scored only 5 runs in the past 5 games. You just can't win doing that and now the damn Cards are breathing down our necks. What is it about May and this bunch anyway?

I agree the hitting is the problem here, but they actually won 4-3 on Friday against the Cubs. They've scored 9 runs total in their past five games. Still not very good, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived