Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-19 Brewers (Peralta) at Braves (Minor) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when's gorzelanny going to be back healthy? got to think when he's ready to come back the Wang experiment might be done...injuries and poor approach have really turned this offense into a below average lot, and the pitching honestly isn't good enough to keep them winning without more run support - pitching's going to burn out at this rate. If Wang can't even get himself out of an inning he blows up because he throws too many pitches, he's not worth killing the rest of the pen because he's simply too far away from being a MLB pitcher

Brewers now have taken the 2nd fewest walks in the NL and have the 4th worst BB% in MLB. Go figure their offense is struggling.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Another positional player pitching for the Brewers. Hell, Overbay (or Maldonado) might have been more effective than Wang from the start of the inning if RR was so worried about Smith and Thornburg.

LOL, LYLE OVERBAY is coming out to pitch. This is the ultimate embarrassment.

The next time I see somebody discussion "when is it time for Ron Roenicke to get his due?", I'm going to vomit.

I'm sorry, I'm trying so hard to remain positive, but this display of incompetence has my blood boiling. I could literally do a better job than Roenicke, and I have zero Major League management experience. None.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

The only thing that could possibly make this worse is if Overbay gets hit by a line drive, and we don't have anybody to play first base.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Did Will Smith and Tyler Thornburg pass away in a freak gasoline fight accident?

Why on God's earth to you trot out Wang only down by 1?

Smith was so burned out from pitching on the 10th, 11th, 13th, 14th & 16th that he isn't even good to go on two full days' rest.

The news can't be great on Thornburg at this point... only pitched twice since the 10th.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I get that Thornburg and Smith need some time off so they don't end up on the DL, but I hope every single question directed at RR in the postgame is about why Wang is on this roster, why he got in this game, and what if anything Wang has shown that gives anyone the idea that he will someday be an effective MLB pitcher. Press has to start holding Brewer management's feet to the fire so they have to defend why Wang's on this roster.

yes, he was only available via Rule V for a weird circumstance due to a prior injury, but he's just too far away when you have to end up bringing in your <.600 OPS 1B in to finish off an inning he started.

Is it just me or does Ryan Doumit's eyes look black? I always thought he looked like he has no soul

You know the thing about a Doumit's eyes, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white.

Is it just me or does Ryan Doumit's eyes look black? I always thought he looked like he has no soul

You know the thing about a Doumit's eyes, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white.

Welp, at least there was one redeeming thing in this IGT :laughing

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived