Brewer Fanatic

Brewers BOTM "Collect all Seven" certificate

pepsimax23

Obviously there are likely 3-4 folks readers of the bf.net trading post who are likely on the "Bobblehead of the Month" pursuit. I was curious what everyones thoughts were about this idea to buy all seven in the store. My story, I picked up the Brat grilling brats the first day available. Then a month later, the Polish slide chute. And I was told that I would get a "sticker" for every purchase bc of a new promotion incentive. Many ppl also were not given the certificate and sticker last April. Apparently we are all led to believe this will be a 10% off discount off the final BOTM of the set. (which equates to eight or twenty bucks.. effectively an offering 1% off a retail spree of ~$700)

Just curious does anyone really believe this? That Brewers retail staffers would outline a detailed effort of certificates, stickers, careful quality control, and managerial oversight for a blip of a savings. Anyone else got the stickers? They ran out of certificates last time i was in. I think there must be more intrigue come sept/oct. Stay tuned.

• 4 weeks later...
I was in the team store in the 5th inning and they were already sold out. Which sucks, because I wanted one. But it also sucks for the bobble head gypsies on eBay, because I'm not going to pay more than $80 for a bobblehead.

I was in the team store in the 5th inning and they were already sold out. Which sucks, because I wanted one. But it also sucks for the bobble head gypsies on eBay, because I'm not going to pay more than $80 for a bobblehead.

I was actually paranoid enough to buy a game ticket just to walk into the team store and then leave to go find dad on fathers day. I did notice 45m before the game that ppl were picking those boxes. Freaks me out for the last 4 bc I wont always be able to get to the team store for BOTM release and now everyone knows its a scarce item. Sept is Hank the Dog. Oct is the Quintet pc.

Bobblehead gypsy. I like that term. I try to do the math and figure out how much they actually earn. Seems like a lot of effort for a little return?

With the amount of these showing up on ebay for ridiculous prices, I'm not sure that anyone purchasing them at the team store are even keeping them for themselves. Seems like they are all being purchased to list on ebay.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Nothing's stopping them. But I don't see at $120 resale on eBay that there is much profit after tax on an $80 bobble plus eBay fees...

The last two sausage bobbles only sold out after two-three weeks in the store. Mind you they're new and people didn't know much about them. But this time they sold out in one day, and for multiple reasons IMO. Bernie is always popular...put him on a "Harley" and you've opened up a whole new demographic of buyers who don't care about the rest of the series, and release them on Father's Day when their souvenir sales are likely pretty high anyways...a lot of buyers that day.

I think I agree, we may see a similar hype with Hank, considering he's so popular for some odd reason.

Unfortunately I missed out on Father's Day as I am on vacation. Oh well...I feel this one may have a higher resale in the future as I'm convinced most were bought by non-bobble collectors...

Well, that's just it. I know for a fact that some of the gypsies went back multiple times, as their eBay sales pages have (or had) quantities of 3+. You pay $80 for the bobble and, likely on that particular day, at least another $20 for the game ticket (obviously if they buy more than one bobble, the ticket price factor diminishes accordingly). But let's say you buy one and sell for, say $140. eBay/Paypal will take their $20 right off the bat. Now you're at $120, and you just paid probably $100 to get the bobble in the first place. I don't know what these people are doing, unless in their heads they just think it's a quick $60.

Anyway, the bobbles are cool and all, but I think we see from the first two series that the demand isn't huge given the original price (let alone gypsy resale prices). I know it's a deterrent for me, ... because they're just freaking bobbleheads. Best case scenario is the gypsies come out in full force for the next one and get sacked with a bunch of leftover inventory.

• 2 weeks later...
Laugh for the day: one of the gypsies must have picked up a case of those Sabathia bobbles always floating around and was trying to flip them straight up outside the game for Scooter bobbles. It'd be even funnier if it didn't just reek of pathetic - he had his kid camped out with him.

should we start documenting these folks who are the local profiteers / gypsies? i suppose it could be helpful for those in commerce (like me) who sometimes look to buy them as retail pcs and dont mind handing over some cheese for their hustle. but on the other hand, itd make straight comedy putting them out on front street.

Archived