Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-16 Brewers (Lohse) at Cubs (Samardzija), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

hawing

Braun has also destroyed Samardzija in his career, so it's a surprise.

Questioning Braun's durability is not being angry about everything. It's been a growing concern -- he's the biggest investment in franchise history, he's still the face of this franchise, and we certainly need him to be more than a part-time player in the coming years to be successful.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun is bothering me. I love watching him play but come one man, gut up once in awhile and play. This team's offense is decimated and you need another day off? Just bugs me.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

42 degree day, cold, windy - not an ideal day for a guy coming off a pulled muscle. I can understand why they're not playing Ryan.

I'd love Braunie to be in there, but I want to keep Braun healthy. If he's not 100%, they're wise to hold him out.

Braun is bothering me. I love watching him play but come one man, gut up once in awhile and play. This team's offense is decimated and you need another day off? Just bugs me.

You'd prefer he pushed it & risked taking another trip to the 15-day DL?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was trying to formulate a response about how ill-informed comments like this are about sports injuries, but instead I want to post about what an amazing AB that was by Lucroy. Great job Luc.

This is such a dumb thing to say.

Him not playing today does notbother me; but the amount of time he has been injured with some random malady in the last several years bothers me. The guy is never 100% healthy it seems. Its always a thumb, oblique, etc, etc

Him not playing today does notbother me; but the amount of time he has been injured with some random malady in the last several years bothers me. The guy is never 100% healthy it seems. Its always a thumb, oblique, etc, etc

Exactly. Ok, so it's a bad day for him to play today. That doesn't change the fact that between injuries and a suspension, he's played a total of 86 games since the start of 2013.

I'm concerned that he's a 100-120 game a year player going forward in his career, which is not what you're looking for from a franchise player.

Wow wow wow. Lucory just delivered the at bat of the season.

It's early, but if the Brewers get into the Cubs bullpen by the 7th and win via that route ... look back to that Lucroy at bat Crazy..

A VERY impressive AB. He wore Jeff down psychologically I believe. Must have been brutal for Cub fans to watch. Lucroy is underrated by the media. I rarely hear him mentioned.

Castro's arm is bad. I wonder why he and Barney don't switch up?

Poor Jeff....he's gotta be the unluckiest man in the NL. (1.45 ERA and no wins)

I'm concerned that he's a 100-120 game a year player going forward in his career, which is not what you're looking for from a franchise player.

But that's legit concern and it's miles different than insinuating that the problem is he just needs to man up or some other such foolishness.

Oh my. I've played sports all my life. Very aware it can get worse or injured more. Not the point. There are those who can push through and there are those who cannot. Braun is a cannot guy. It stinks. But it is what it is.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

They couldn't play Braun one more day? How injured is he still? He couldn't play today and then take off tomorrow when Gomez returns? We're facing a guy that's been lights out this year....let's put out a lineup full of AAA/AAAA players, almost none of which have any power at all. Couldn't we at least have played both Maldy and Lucroy again? UGH. I'll be stunned if this lineup somehow scores more than 2 runs.

Done.

Archived