Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-16 Brewers (Lohse) at Cubs (Samardzija), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3]

hawing

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 16 | 1:20 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (26-16) | Cubs (13-26)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/lohse-07.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/cubs/samardzija-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-1, 2.75 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse's last outing was cut short because of an opportunity that called for a pinch-hitter, but he still managed to deliver his sixth consecutive quality start. He has struggled against the Cubs to the tune of a 5.15 ERA.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-3, 1.45 ERA, 1.05 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Rain shortened Samardzija's most recent start, which saw him unable to get a win for his 14th consecutive outing. Still, he tossed his seventh quality start in eight turns as his cutter was at a season-best.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Logan Schafer
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. 2B Scooter Gennett
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. 1B Lyle Overbay
  6. 3B Mark Reynolds
  7. LF Khris Davis
  8. RF Elián Herrera
  9. P Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Emilio Bonifacio
  2. LF Junior Lake
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  4. SS Starlin Castro
  5. 3B Luis Valbuena
  6. C Welington Castillo
  7. RF Nate Schierholtz
  8. 2B Darwin Barney
  9. P Jeff Samardzijia

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They couldn't play Braun one more day? How injured is he still? He couldn't play today and then take off tomorrow when Gomez returns? We're facing a guy that's been lights out this year....let's put out a lineup full of AAA/AAAA players, almost none of which have any power at all. Couldn't we at least have played both Maldy and Lucroy again? UGH. I'll be stunned if this lineup somehow scores more than 2 runs.

PLEASE RAIN HARD ALL DAY!!!! Unfortunately, looking at the weather, it appears it's going to clear up by around 3:00.

In all honestly, despite my thoughts on the lineup, a rainout wouldn't be the worst thing. I assume they won't play a doubleheader this weekend, in which case, Gomez serves his third game tomorrow. That gives him an extra day to recover with his back and gives Braun a day off without having to miss a game. Plus it's always good to get pitchers rest (even though we just had off Monday) as we don't have another day off until the 29th.

My gosh, could that line-up be any uglier?

(insert Yuni comment)

Schaefer leading off is ridiculous. Completely stupid. Just because he is in CF does not have to mean he is leading off.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

There are 6 hitters in the lineup better than Schafer. Everyone except Herrera and Lohse.

There's no way he should be hitting leadoff.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

You'd rather Herrera be out there than you, Rickie? I'm not trying to understate the difficulty of outfield defense, but how many balls are likely to come your way out in RF over 1 game anyway? 3, 4? Chances are you won't even have an opportunity to have to make a difficult play. If you do, it's not like Herrera is a gold glover out there either.

1. CF Logan Schafer
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. 2B Scooter Gennett
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. 1B Lyle Overbay
  6. 3B Mark Reynolds
  7. LF Khris Davis
  8. RF Elián Herrera
  9. P Kyle Lohse

http://i.imgur.com/N1Iiv8J.gif

I must say that the lineup is a mess. And the Cubs are at full strength. (whatever that may be) I think this will be a very interesting series. Rizzo and Castro have really come into their own. The rookie Olt is dangerous too, but I see he is not playing.

Just a guess, but maybe Shafer has had success vs. Lohse? I get to watch on WGN, which is always a treat for me.

Just a guess, but maybe Shafer has had success vs. Lohse? I get to watch on WGN, which is always a treat for me.

From the link in the OP, it looks like Schafer has never faced Samardzija

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Is Braun's oblique still bothering him?

Supposedly, no.

So we're at the point in his career where he can only play 3 games in a row without a day off?

More like the point in his season after coming off the DL.

I don't know exactly, since I don't know how Braun feels. I do know that just because a guy is able to play doesn't mean he's 100%. The oblique may still be a little tender, a little vulnerable to overuse. Maybe he's ok to play, but it's just bothersome enough that the team has decided that it's better safe than sorry.

Who knows? People need to stop being so angry about everything.

Archived