Brewer Fanatic

Day Games

torts
so the brewers are playing 3 day games against the cubs after just finishing a series final day game against the pirates. have they ever had 4 straight days of games in the afternoon?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I hate the day games. I don't mind so much on Sundays (and to some extent Saturday), but the Friday afternoon game irritates the crap out of me. This isn't 1950 any more, the Cubs weekday day games are just annoying to me.

It makes sense on get away day, but doing it on a Friday, when most of us have to work, just frustrates me a great deal.

Like the getaway day games for a change of pace, but not the series. Looks like the four gamer in August is N-N-N-D, the three games in September are D-N-N with the day game on Labor Day. Only other weird one I see is Toronto, with 12:37 and 11:37 start times, and between off days.

I could be wrong, but I thought there was some Wrigleyville ordinance that was in place that dictated how many night games that the cubs were allowed to play in a season...or at least there use to be.

edit: There is an ordinance - should have looked this up before I posted: http://chicagoist.com/2013/12/04/wrigley_field_night_game_ordinance.php

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

One of the things I like about baseball is the fact that games are played on weekday afternoons. No other sport has that. These games are nice for seniors, children, those who work nights, or for those who'd rather not venture out at night.

With an 81-game home schedule, it makes sense to utilize a variety of start times.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

One of the things I like about baseball is the fact that games are played on weekday afternoons. No other sport has that. These games are nice for seniors, children, those who work nights, or for those who'd rather not venture out at night.

With an 81-game home schedule, it makes sense to utilize a variety of start times.

I 100% agree with this. I make it to more weekday day games than I do weekday night games (I have 3 kids) ... the day games are great and a huge reason I rarely make it to a Bucks game. I have been saying for years the Bucks should have atleast 1 weekday game in their 41 home games.

I 100% agree with this. I make it to more weekday day games than I do weekday night games (I have 3 kids) ... the day games are great and a huge reason I rarely make it to a Bucks game. I have been saying for years the Bucks should have atleast 1 weekday game in their 41 home games.

I can see your point here, but I have to disagree. I feel they do this enough on get away days and holidays. Kids are still in school right now and most people are working on Fridays. I understand from travel purposes doing it on the get away days, but to do it on a Friday, when a vast majority of people are at work (and kids are in school) just seems silly to me. I would love to watch the Brewers today, but I can't because it's a day game for no apparent reason.

I just want to add, there was almost 35000 people there to close out against the Pirates for a noon start.

The previous two nights games were both under 25000.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

its raining in chicago so it might end up being a night game lol

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Figured I should clarify my posts above. I understand that day games have a place in baseball. Makes sense for travel. Makes sense to allow kids to go and have business meetings and all that stuff.

Just for me, personally, I despise them. Not so much on the getaway days, but on days like today where it's a day game basically for no reason - and really only the Cubs do this simply due to silly reasoning IMO. That's all.

It is raining, going to be a delay for sure from what I can tell.

Figured I should clarify my posts above. I understand that day games have a place in baseball. Makes sense for travel. Makes sense to allow kids to go and have business meetings and all that stuff.

Just for me, personally, I despise them. Not so much on the getaway days, but on days like today where it's a day game basically for no reason - and really only the Cubs do this simply due to silly reasoning IMO. That's all.

It is raining, going to be a delay for sure from what I can tell.

Again, to clarify, the Cubs are somewhat forced to play more day games because of the city ordinance that only allows for so many night games.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Its not like that cant be changed though. The white sox arent forced to play all those day games.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I think the Brewers may have had six straight day games to start the 2008 season. 3 at the Cubs, followed by three home day games against the Giants.

Through the years I have also noticed that the Brewers throw in occasional day games even when they're not opening day or getaway day. In 2006 I think they had a day game on Monday, July 3rd (not a holiday but a number of businesses closed). In 2005 I think they also had a day game on the Thursday after the all star break (to kick off a four-game series with Washington). There may be more recent examples but those are a couple that stick in my mind.

Archived