Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Fri. 5/16

For someone who hasn't gotten a chance to see Lopez pitch this year, can anyone update me on his scouting report? I saw he got 10 GB's to just 1 FO today. I know when he came in there was a lot of excitement over his projectability and long term potential. What's he hitting on the gun if anyone knows?

I know it's early, but it just seems like that thread where people picked their "breakout performer," from our farm system this year is making a lot of people look smart. This has to be one of the best starts to the year for our young prospects we've had in a long time. Few injuries thus far(knock on wood), and guys are either maintaining and slowly progressing or making some pretty significant jumps.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Few injuries thus far (knock on wood)

This is an important point, here are the current DL situations, this has to be considered relatively mild, outside of Johnny Hellweg:

Nashville -

Burgos, Hiram, SP - Shoulder strain

De La Torre, Jose, RP - Right Shoulder Contusion (Collision down first base line)

Diaz, Robinzon, C - Unreported

Hellweg, Johnny, SP - Tommy John surgery

Huntsville -

Hall, Brooks, SP - Elbow irritation due to bone spur

Moye, Andy, SP - Hamstring

Brevard County -

Harvey, Seth, RP - Tommy John surgery (June 13, 2013, rehab going well)

Sermo, Jose, IF/OF - Unreported

Wisconsin -

Denson, David, 1B - Unreported

Fernandez, Rodolfo, RP - Unreported

Roenicke, Lance, OF - Player / Coach (not injured)

Spurlin, Tyler, RP - Unreported

We have not heard that the Wisconsin injuries are especially serious, of course that could potentially be the case.

At Helena, we know catcher Dustin Houle is dealing with nasty bone fractures in his hand, as detailed earlier in this thread.

Overall, kudos to the Trainer and Strength & Development Staffs thus far in 2014!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville worked back from a 3-0 deficit in the second inning off the bat of Jeremy Hermida, who drove a three-run homer over the right-field wall to level the game. With the home run, Hermida's fourth of the season, Nashville has gone yard in each of their last seven games. The Sounds added two more runs in the inning with an RBI-triple from Pete Orr and Irving Falu's sac-fly.

AUDIO - Orr's triple

As noted above, Sounds eventually fall, 6-5

Archived