Brewer Fanatic

My trade predictions

Estrada is traded at mid-season for a good 1B man

Gallardo is traded in the off-season for a couple top prospects 3B Prospect and a pitching prospect

I'm not confident that Thornburg will be moved to the rotation, but at this time I believe Nelson, and Fiers should they continue blowing away AAA will get priority. I do think Thornburg will become dominate again in the bullpen. Not pitching for 5 days was a poor move unless he was hurt or there was a good reason why RR made that move.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Not broke, don't fix. Estrada will not be traded unless we dive. If they are ten games up midway, add a piece with a low level prospect trade like the KRod for Delmonico trade last year.

It's all about putting us over the top and it will depend on the faith the Brewers have in Nelson, Thornburg, and Fiers. Estrada will be traded in my opinion because we will need a 1B man very badly and in 2 years we will lose serious big time pieces we have right now and the Brewers have huge faith in their minor league pitchers. Mid-season trades net a huge return, and we can take advantage without it really hurting us, but by extending our contending past 2 more years. Estrada is as good as gone anyways this year.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I just don't see Melvin doing a big trade at mid season. It sounds good, but if it doesn't work.....

I watched Nick Rameriz last week and came away impressed with his power and defense. If Morris does not work out, I think he can step in and be ok. I know Overbay "has been there", but calling up Morris and moving up Rameriz should be considered. I just don't see what a whole year in AAA/AA does for either of them.

I do thin Nelson and Fiers can both give us what Estrada can give us. If we could get the 1b/3b of the future, I would go for it.

I just don't see Melvin doing a big trade at mid season. It sounds good, but if it doesn't work.....

I watched Nick Rameriz last week and came away impressed with his power and defense. If Morris does not work out, I think he can step in and be ok. I know Overbay "has been there", but calling up Morris and moving up Rameriz should be considered. I just don't see what a whole year in AAA/AA does for either of them.

I do thin Nelson and Fiers can both give us what Estrada can give us. If we could get the 1b/3b of the future, I would go for it.

That's the key. If we only had one pitcher in AAA who looked like he could pitch as well as Estrada it'd be a bigger risk. Having two of them allows us to trade someone like Estrada. In a perfect world Garza would pitch well and a team like Texas would try to re-acquire him after suffering injurires, but I think that's unlikely.

As for Morris, I think Overbay gets until ~June 15th. If he doesn't show us anything by then(assuming Morales isn't a Brewer following the draft) I think he gets his shot.

But is moving Estrada really that big of a trade? My concern is that we wouldn't get a big upgrade from Reynolds at 1st anyway for Marco. He's given up a league leading 10 HR's and has an FIP of 4.77. And without any history of pitching a full season, what are other teams really going to offer for him?

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived