Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-15 Pirates (Rodriguez) at Brewers (Gallardo), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3, Kh. Davis walkoff hit]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 15 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (17-22) | Brewers (25-15)[/h2][h3]WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/pirates/rodriguez-02.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-07.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]0-2, 7.65 ERA, 1.60 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Rodriguez comes off the DL (right knee inflammation) for his first start since April 19. He is winless since last May 26, the longest span in the Bucs' rotation. Long balls (seven in 20 innings) have been a newly developing problem for him.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-2, 2.92 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gallardo had been better at managing pitch counts this year, but not on Friday against the Yankees. He breezed through an 11-pitch first inning, then needed 103 more pitches for his next 4 2/3 innings before getting pulled.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Travis Snider
  2. 2B Neil Walker
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen
  4. 3B Pedro Alvarez
  5. 1B Gaby Sanchez
  6. SS Jordy Mercer
  7. LF Jose Tabata
  8. C Tony Sanchez
  9. LHP Wandy Rodriguez

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Jonathan Lucroy
  5. 3B Mark Reynolds
  6. LF Khris Davis
  7. C Martin Maldonado
  8. CF Logan Schafer
  9. P Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This needs to be a win. A loss and momentum switches away from us after a very nice series with the Yankees. Get the job done today!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Luc at 1B, nice!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I can't see the game, but how does Weeks not score on that double play?

First and 3rd with nobody out, Weeks needs to be running home on the grounder. That way you either score or you avoid the double play. So what happened?

I can't see the game, but how does Weeks not score on that double play?

First and 3rd with nobody out, Weeks needs to be running home on the grounder. That way you either score or you avoid the double play. So what happened?

I logged on to post the same thing.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I think Weeks would have been out by a mile at home if he was running. Ball was hit sharply to Wandy in front of the mound

Yeah, but it doesn't matter in that situation. At best, you've got the bases empty and 1 run in. At worst, you've got 1st and 2nd and still just 1 out. That's better than a runner on 3rd and 2 out.

For a team that loves to be so aggressive and historically likes the contact play from 3rd, we dropped the ball there.

I think Weeks would have been out by a mile at home if he was running. Ball was hit sharply to Wandy in front of the mound

Yeah - someone posted elsewhere that Rodriguez did look Weeks back to 3rd before throwing to 2nd.

Weeks shouldn't have been able to be "looked back". He should know the situation and be breaking for home as soon as he sees the ball on the ground. A throw to home is fine, we are counting on it. Then his job becomes to stay in the rundown and at least give us 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Maybe even 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 3rd if he can stay in it long enough.

That's a lot better than just staying put and watching as they turn 2.

Right, but Weeks can get in a rundown and we at least wind up with first and second with only 1 out. Didn't sound like it was hit sharply on the radio but I didn't actually see it.

Video is up on MLB.com - I'm watching Gameday.

Right, but Weeks can get in a rundown and we at least wind up with first and second with only 1 out. Didn't sound like it was hit sharply on the radio but I didn't actually see it.

Video is up on MLB.com - I'm watching Gameday.

The Pirates announcers called Weeks out for the same thing. The look-back wasn't much of a look-back because Weeks was already basically back to third.

Weeks probably should have taken off for home but perhaps he was not assuming a DP would occur. So it'd would be 1st and 3rd (or 2nd and 3rd) with one out, rather than 1st and 2nd with one out. As it turned out, a DP did happen, so he looks bad. Tough situation so I can't be too mad at him...and now he hit a home run!

I watched the video, Wandy barely even looked over and when he did, Weeks was practically back on third base already. If he even makes him look for one second, Braun is safe at first on the worst case scenario. Basically, Weeks can't go back that easily. Even if he gets thrown out, at least we still have two guys on there.

Holy crap...a Weeks HR!!?!?

way to go rickie!!!!

[sarcasm]trade him now[/sarcasm]

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived