Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-14 Pirates (Liriano) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, Herrara leading off? The worst hitter on our team, and he's atop the lineup.

Our CF always leads off. Herrara is our CF, so...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Hey Guys....just thought I would drop in as it's the only game in town with Cards, Cubs and Reds washed out.

I'm following on Gameday and the MLB TV updates.

what's up man? haven't seen you around here in a while. so what's up with the cards? i'm surprised they've been so shaky to start the year?

Wow, Gamecast showed those last two strikes to Alvarez to pretty much at a RH batter's Ankles and Alvarez swung at them? Way to get out of the inning Smith! Now it's time to touch up the Pirate's RPs!

Those pitches were patented Will Smith nasty sliders.

I am sitting here at work, coding away, with my eye on the gameday. I am enjoying the game. Baseball is great when you have such great pitching. I even agree with Frankie in the non save (but win :) ) scenario.

The Crew are playing good ball. Batting like rubbish. But the mojo is back. Just going through their work.

Of course, Peralta throws a gem, I start him, and get no decision.

Thanks, Brewer offense!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

What a complete waste of a gem by Peralta.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

This had to be coming sooner or later. I don't know how the Davis hit got through the infield, but then some pretty poor pitches by K-Rod, left an 0-2 pitch right down the middle and it got pounded into CF. Then leaves a 1-2 hanger that gets crushed for a 2 run double. He's been great all year, but he simply didn't have it tonight (oh and I'm sure Gomez catches that ball).

Still frustrating to think that our pitchers basically have to be perfect because our offense is filled with AAA (at best) talent.

Of course, Peralta throws a gem, I start him, and get no decision.

Thanks, Brewer offense!

HA, HA Stache, I had both Wily and Liriano going for my teams. QSs yes. A W? Nope. Really needed Wily's W more than Liriano's though.

I had Peralta and Braun going tonight. Nice to have a power bat back in my lineup. Braun and Bruce have both been out. Stanton has been carrying my offense.

Good God, how is Herrera a Major Leaguer? Can't hit, can't field. He had no idea where that ball was.

Now Roenicke comes out. Thanks for making an appearance, Ron. We were getting worried about ya.

I'm not going to be hard on Rodriguez tonight, because he's been pretty much perfect through 1/4 of the season. But let's hope we can chalk it up to one of those nights.

I didn't catch the first part of the game. Is this a typo? Khris Davis walked? :laughing

Stinky loss. Great outing by Peralta. He's a keeper. Might be the most talented on the staff. Hopefully we bounce back tomorrow and win this series.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived