Brewer Fanatic

Getting to Wrigley

Pilot185
Provisional Member

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first-time poster. Can someone who's gone to Wrigley advise on most efficient way to get down the stadium? I'd be going from downtown Milwaukee. I'm not so much concerned with cost as I am just getting in and out of there with the fewest hassles possible.

Thanks, and go Brewers!

You could park in Skokie and take the Yellow Line.

You could also park at Waukegan and take the Metra (requires a transfer to the CTA).

Or you could just drive. Depending on when you are going its not that bad traffic wise.

IMO the Hiawatha isn't worth it for a Cubs game. You're better off driving to Skokie and taking the CTA, or driving straight to Wrigley (for some games they have a shuttle running to/from DeVry University where you can park for $6).

If you are familiar with Woodfield Mall area in Schaumburg, you can park free in the Pace transportation center lot there and board a bus that drops you off at the door and you board after the game on the third base side on Clark St. Leaves at 11:15 for 1:20 games. $4 each way.

Tried it last year for first time. Quite relaxing and hassle free and no cramming into a train post game and gets you there in time to have a beer near the park. Anyone is free to stop and say hi for Sunday when I will be taking the bus down. I'll be the 60ish guy with a Brewer cap on.

sail south to Belmont Harbor, then walk about 1 mile west/northwest to get to Wrigley. That's about as hassle free as it gets, but not sure about the boating budget!

As someone who lived in that area for many years, if you want to avoid hassles getting in/out, the best way would honestly be to just drive to skokie, take the yellow cta line to transfer with the red and take it south to addison.

If you are familiar with Woodfield Mall area in Schaumburg, you can park free in the Pace transportation center lot there and board a bus that drops you off at the door and you board after the game on the third base side on Clark St. Leaves at 11:15 for 1:20 games. $4 each way.

Tried it last year for first time. Quite relaxing and hassle free and no cramming into a train post game and gets you there in time to have a beer near the park. Anyone is free to stop and say hi for Sunday when I will be taking the bus down. I'll be the 60ish guy with a Brewer cap on.

I'm going down in August after the LAD series. Can you park in the Pace center lot overnight? We're staying in the city, but don't want to pay an arm and a leg to park it in a ramp downtown. My guess is you probably can't, but it sure would be nice if possible. If you know of any other options, that would be great. I feel confident using transportation INSIDE the city, but am wondering where I can park my van and not go broke....

does this act like an express bus? how many stops between schaumburg and wrigley field? the red/purple line is easy to use, but there are so many stops between howard and addison!

What about taking the Hiawatha?

I have gone to about 6 Cubs games over the past 6 years. I have driven to Skokie and taken the Hiawatha. I have taken the Hiawatha every time since the first time I took it. For me, I will have a few drinks so I would rather pay the $40 round trip and get dropped off close to my house. (I take the airport stop)

On day games vs the Cubs - there are a lot of Brewers fans on the 8 am train and we always have a great time.

The only semi-down side is, it takes you to union station. So you need to hop on the Red Line and go back up to Wrigley. (It's easy for me now but ask as the closest redline stop to Union is a few blocks away)

All in all I enjoy the time on the train with friends and the time goes by quickly. It beats driving and parking hands down - IMO

everytime I have went, I have just driven and parked about 2 miles away from the park off of Addison and just walked. never really had an issue, by the time the game is over it is relatively easy to get back home.

Archived