Brewer Fanatic

Gomez on cover of Sports Illustrated

The article was actually quite interesting. Gomez states he asked Roenicke in mid 2012 to allow him to be a free swinger. Previously in Minnesota and with the Brewers his coaches forced him to take pitches and hit the ball on the ground. He credits his free swinging ways to his recent success.

Also a great line that Braun relays about Gomez and kiwis. A must read.

And yes, si stills makes a print edition. I get it only because I received a free subscription.

Community Moderator
Ok, evidently my research was entirely incorrect (and/or excluded regional covers).

The two Brewers covers according to the SI database were:

2011 (Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder, and Nyjer Morgan)

1982 (the World Series issue, with Robin Yount in focus and the silhouette of Ben Oglivie in the background)

That's Coop in the on-deck circle.

Different cover. The one SI lists as a national cover involving the Brewers is the one with Yount turning a double play with Lonnie Smith sliding into second. From the angle the figure in the background has to be Oglivie (in LF).

Both of the Yount covers were national covers, and they appeared two weeks apart in October of 1982, sandwiching a Marvin Hagler cover apparently. Here is a LINK to the 1982 covers.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived