Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-13 Pirates (Cole) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Braun returns, Gomez still active; Brewers win, 5-2]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
C'mon Reynolds.. just a deep'ish flyball to the outfield.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Nice to see something as simple as contact with a man on third lately. Cashing in these runners is nice. Get a bit of breathing room for the bullpen. Nice to make our 8th and 9th inning guys not have to be perfect.

C'mon Reynolds.. just a deep'ish flyball to the outfield.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Nice to see something as simple as contact with a man on third lately. Cashing in these runners is nice. Get a bit of breathing room for the bullpen. Nice to make our 8th and 9th inning guys not have to be perfect.

they've handled the pressure very well. this team has won a lot of tight games.

What is it with professional sports teams in Wisconsin (not including the Bucks, who are hardly professional)? The Brewers and Packers get injured more than any two teams I've ever seen.

Ingrown fingernail, x player is out two weeks.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It seems like the Brewers get all the breaks against the Pirates. I wonder if Pirates fans hate the Brewers the way we hate the Cards.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

If they are really 5/1, I wouldn't touch that.

why?

Because it's simply a horrible value.

Still a long shot, but I've made worse, more boring bets. It's making this season more fun still having this to dream about. At 75-1 I thought they were amazing value. I had this team winning anything from 70 to 95 games and neither would surprise me. A sleeper that had a ton of high-ceiling pieces, and if things went PERFECT for them I thought it could be a lucky year.

http://i.imgur.com/PMuqW9I.jpg

What is it with professional sports teams in Wisconsin (not including the Bucks, who are hardly professional)? The Brewers and Packers get injured more than any two teams I've ever seen.

Ingrown fingernail, x player is out two weeks.

Not sure why you stop at the Bucks... One of the best examples of a bad luck banged up team. Sanders gets in a fight at Apt 720, then gets socked in the eye after returning from injury... Delfino didn't play a single game, Wolters breaks his hand, Ilyasova was out pretty much the whole year, etc.

sounds like Braun's departure was indeed nothing more than phasing him back in...good sign there wasn't a recurrence of the injury, but not great that they're going to need to ease him back into playing everday

they gotta do whatever it takes to keep him in the lineup...with Aram being gone and Gomez facing a few game suspension they need Braun to be available

Archived