Brewer Fanatic

The Cleveland Brew-offs

gregmag

Am I the only person here who hadn't noticed before now that Cleveland this season has managed to amass maybe the most insanely great collection of former Brewers cult / controversy favorites in MLB history?

Michael Brantley, having signed what looked like a somewhat generous contract in the offseason, suddenly has an ISO over .200 and leads the team in pretty much every offensive category.

John Axford has pitched himself into and out of the closer's role.

Nyjer Morgan. (Okay, aside from the simple, glorious fact of his existence, my favorite Nyjer thing is that he has somehow drawn seven walks in about 50 PA.)

Finally, and perhaps best of all: Cleveland called up George Kottaras a few days ago. He got into one game, in which he homered twice and walked. Cleveland promptly DFA'd him, and he has cleared waivers.

What can Cleveland do for an encore? Mat Gamel? Russell Branyan? Brooks Kieschnick?

I'm semi-seriously thinking of scheduling a summer road trip where we can catch Cleveland playing, just for all of the Brewers nostalgia. I suppose it might be best to catch them playing Kansas City.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived