Brewer Fanatic

CC the Brewer

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/cc-sabathia-made-huge-impact-during-short-time-with-brewers-b99265753z1-258577001.html?page=1

If you get a few minutes, read that article. If you don't get some emotion remembering just how awesome CC was from July on for us, basically willing us into the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you. I really hope the crowd is packed this weekend and they give an even louder ovation for CC than they did for Braun. This guy deserves it. He had nothing to really gain and everything to lose pitching three games on short rest and not only pitching them, but throwing a ton of pitches in doing so.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm really excited to see how he's received on Saturday. I know I'll be cheering.

Standing O, for sure, from my crew.

I gotta find my Sabathia T-shirt now....

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Verified Member
by chance, is the saturday game on MLBNetwork? it might be my only chance to see it

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Verified Member
took my whole family to that game, we all say it was a no-hitter as well!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Can someone post a replay of the "hit" if they can find it?

Here are the archives:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=mil&ym=200809

Here is his Gem on the final game at Miller Park: http://m.mlb.com/mil/video/v3567520

I will be at the game on Sat and will definitely give him a standing O

I'll never forget that game. I took my son to it. Friends (big time Cub fans) had won two tickets to the game the week or two before. A couple of days before the game, they came over and said, "You'll appreciate these more than us."

Braun's HR, CC's complete game - it was awesome. Then we stood in the stands and watched the Mets lose. It was pretty cool.

I got to go to the last game of the 1982 World Series. We won, and I remember it pretty clearly (I was 18 at the time). But I didn't appreciate it at the time. I thought we'd have a lot more playoff chances in the near future.

Verified Member
I'm really excited to see how he's received on Saturday. I know I'll be cheering.

Why would you wear a Sabathia t-shirt when he's pitching against the Brewers?

I'll be there and have every intention to give him a standing ovation the first time he comes to bat. Yeah he left for the money, but the guy almost single-handidly put us into the playoffs for the first time in 25 years. Every time he pitched that season was must watch and that last game is a memory I'll never forget.

Edit:

This is a good watch. It's more than just CC, but this almost makes me cry...all these years later. None of this happens (IMO) without CC. That's why I'll be standing and applauding him. And yes, I hope we hammer him and win the game.

The last day of the regular season still gives me the chills. No way we would have even made it that far without CC. NY offered him so much more money that you can't blame him for taking it.

That being said I hope the offense wakes up finally and beats him up.

Yes, he left for the money. But Cleveland does not trade him if he was willing to take a small deal. JaDerHeyski and I will be giving him a standing ovation when he hits.

And then hope to give him another ovation when he gets pulled in the third down by 8 runs.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

This is a good watch. It's more than just CC, but this almost makes me cry...all these years later. None of this happens (IMO) without CC. That's why I'll be standing and applauding him. And yes, I hope we hammer him and win the game.

Gives me goosebumps still. I can't believe I was at all 3 of those games.

Nothing but love for CC, I hope he gets a huge ovation on Saturday.

Why would you wear a Sabathia t-shirt when he's pitching against the Brewers?

Just my own minor homage to the guy who I saw put the Brewers into the playoffs for the first time in 25 years.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived