Brewer Fanatic

Hello Milwaukee

That promo was used in cities nationwide, but I believe Channel 12 was the "original."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Community Moderator

I am almost positive Casey is correct.

I don't even have to click the link and I can instantly have the tune stuck in my head most of my morning.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

This channel 6 news intro from the 80's is pretty incredible.

That may be the best "action news" music ever. :)

There used to be more YouTube clips of channel 6 ads of this sort, but someone must have demanded they be taken down. There were some I remember from the 1970s - and one in particular which predates my memory, but has faces I recognized, namely weatherman Ward Allen and the puppet Albert the Alley Cat. The one in particular I remember shows Ward and Albert at a beach scoping out the ladies. It was hilarious.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

"Action News" was actually a format that was used by stations nationwide. "Eyewitness News" was another. I believe both of those were represented in Milwaukee.

Ward Allen and Albert were classic. Channel 6 had to dump Albert from the weather forecasts because none of its meteorologists could get the official American Meteorological Society "stamp of approval" as long as they were doing the weather with a puppet. Because Allen wasn't a meteorologist, he wouldn't have been able to get approval anyway.

Here's more info on Hello Milwaukee:

The Last Word on "Hello, Milwaukee"

The original lyrics, used for about a month, had no branding at all. Instead of "Hello Milwaukee...Hello Milwaukee...Channel 12 loves you," viewers heard "Hello Milwaukee...Hello Milwaukee...You know I love you." Omitting the branding was done intentionally to introduce the campaign.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Channel 6 had to dump Albert from the weather forecasts because none of its meteorologists could get the official American Meteorological Society "stamp of approval" as long as they were doing the weather with a puppet.

This sentence both makes no sense and is completely true. :laughing

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived