Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-05 Diamondbacks (Bolsinger) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I reading this right? Gomez is 2 for 2 with a HR, a 2 run single and 3 walks? Wow.

Nice to see Segura warming up. Of course, it's because I dropped him from my fantasy team. :laughing He should go on a tear now.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

so instead of using Wang he going to blow another reliever in a 5 run game.

I know this wasn't meant to be a pun, but wow.

Life is so much more fulfilling with wang around

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

All that sophia needs is skeletons on those glasses and she will be right up my alley.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Nice to see the team win a game they should when looking at the pitching matchups. Wonder how Arizona feels about not trading for Gallardo last year?

About Wang, somewhere I read RRR says he's their long man(from behind of course) 5 run lead with 3 innings to go after giving up 4+1inherited in 3ip his last time out certainly would make me question using Wang for the 7th and on.

I said it in the Wang thread, he's Livan Hernandez 2012, this year. Wang will continue to come in when behind after a starter's poor outing and eat up some innings. If Wang goes out there for 2-3IP every week from here on out you're staring at 44-66 more innings from him. How many IP as a RP should he log to properly assist the team's relievers to get their fair rest over the course of the season? 50? 60? I'd rather continue to save him with the long relief role when trailing. Toss Wang out there for the 9th because we're up 5, it stands that today the team needs him for long Relief and RRR used him up and he's unavailable. So what's better the 1ip or the possible 2-3ip the following day you need from him?

I followed the Game on gamecast the first 2innings and Garza's pitches were all over the place. Now since I'm not watching the game I don't know if he just missed the spots where Lucroy set up, or if Garza truly was all over the place unable to throw accurately.

I have a lot of faith Garza will turn it around. But it's getting a little frustrating he's the #5 on this team at this point when we have him under contract for 3+seasons. More outings like the first start vs. Atlanta please Garza!

Seems like a move made in reaction to 'end the skid' and nail down the win. I'm generally sympathetic to the idea that the manager has more info on various guys on any given day, but it's pretty hard to justify not seeing some guys from the backend of the pen the last two innings.

This.

Nice to see the team win a game they should when looking at the pitching matchups. Wonder how Arizona feels about not trading for Gallardo last year?

About Wang, somewhere I read RRR says he's their long man(from behind of course) 5 run lead with 3 innings to go after giving up 4+1inherited in 3ip his last time out certainly would make me question using Wang for the 7th and on.

I said it in the Wang thread, he's Livan Hernandez 2012, this year. Wang will continue to come in when behind after a starter's poor outing and eat up some innings. If Wang goes out there for 2-3IP every week from here on out you're staring at 44-66 more innings from him. How many IP as a RP should he log to properly assist the team's relievers to get their fair rest over the course of the season? 50? 60? I'd rather continue to save him with the long relief role when trailing. Toss Wang out there for the 9th because we're up 5, it stands that today the team needs him for long Relief and RRR used him up and he's unavailable. So what's better the 1ip or the possible 2-3ip the following day you need from him?

I followed the Game on gamecast the first 2innings and Garza's pitches were all over the place. Now since I'm not watching the game I don't know if he just missed the spots where Lucroy set up, or if Garza truly was all over the place unable to throw accurately.

I have a lot of faith Garza will turn it around. But it's getting a little frustrating he's the #5 on this team at this point when we have him under contract for 3+seasons. More outings like the first start vs. Atlanta please Garza!

Maldy was behind the plate, not Lucroy. The first run Garza gave up was a pop fly that Gindl couldn't keep in his glove when he landed on the ground. Garza was also having issues locating his pitches in the first couple of innings but settled down later on. AZ is a good hitting club so to only give up 3 runs at Miller Park when you clearly don't have your best stuff isn't too bad. It showed some veteran moxy there IMO.

Archived