Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-05 Diamondbacks (Bolsinger) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

A couple of points.

1) you can pitch Wang with a five run lead; you can simply 'once two guys get on, you are done'; at least he will be able to face two guys... maybe two innings!

2) did you notice Smith was suddenly (this outing) not at 94-96 mph... but only 90ish; that is a warning sign to me

I did not, sure 90 wasn't his slider?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A couple of points.

1) you can pitch Wang with a five run lead; you can simply 'once two guys get on, you are done'; at least he will be able to face two guys... maybe two innings!

2) did you notice Smith was suddenly (this outing) not at 94-96 mph... but only 90ish; that is a warning sign to me

One fastball 89 and one 93. The rest were in between. Sliders were 81-83 on FSN.

A couple of points.

One fastball 89 and one 93. The rest were in between. Sliders were 81-83 on FSN.

Yea, didnt think he threw a 90 slider. That is worth keeping an eye on then, but he seemed to cruise through

Maybe we can wear out Wooten, then send him back to AAA.

RR screwed this up. He could have had Wang start the 8th and if two guys get on, then go to Wooten.

Mind you, with Wooten's initial blow up a few games ago, two nice outing in a row keeps him positive for the rest of the year when he is called backup.

So, we just need to hope for the odd early blow out against the Crew (strange to say!). Heck I am even happy with the three innings Wang threw the other day with a 1 run deficit to start. Wang did not shirk getting through three. Maybe that will just happen once a week. Let me see... 25 weeks... 3 innings a week... 75 innings... ha ha. Quite a work load

Archived