Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-04 Brewers (Lohse) at Reds (Simon), 3:10 CST [Brewers lose, 4-3, 10 innings]

If we don't get the offense fixed Brewers are going to come back to the pack.......Have only score more then 5 runs once since April 11th.......

If RR leaves Smith in to finish the 8th we probably still win the game though

Verified Member

Smith looked un-hittable, and he comes out of the game because of a right handed hitter?

These are the reasons I do not like our manager. These little things build up during a season.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It's getting really frustrating watching A-Ram. Every ground ball hit with a man on, no matter how hard it's hit, you know it's 2. I know he's getting up there in years, but it doesn't look like he's even trying to beat anything out.

Every one on this team needs to practice bunting for at least an hour after the game. How pathetic have they been with bunting so far?
I'm no fan of it in any situation except to squeeze in the winning run.

I'm not a huge fan of bunting either but if you have no outs, a runner on second and a tie game in extras it's a no brainer.

I disagree, and I hate when managers have this mentality. You're banking on 2 straight things happening to score 1 run.-- a successful sac bunt, and a successful sac fly or basehit. I'd rather save my 3 outs and get 3 tries at a basehit.

I know im likely in the minority here, but can we please stop the God Bless America trend now? I know why its done and can respect that, but its been 13 years.

I agree. It's not necessary outside of special events. Even then I'd like to keep politics and patriotism out of sports completely. Outside of the olympics and other international sporting events like the World Cup, there shouldn't be any pre-game anthem singing or anything like that. It may be just me, but I feel like singing the anthem at every game cheapens its effect. An anthem should be inspiring. It tends to lose its special effect when its sung everyday. Let's not turn into the Soviet Union with the constant barrage of propaganda.

Smith looked un-hittable, and he comes out of the game because of a right handed hitter?

These are the reasons I do not like our manager. These little things build up during a season.

Awful, awful decision. And that's not even hindsight. It was a terrible decision then, and it still sucks. It cost them the game. (JMO)

It's getting really frustrating watching A-Ram. Every ground ball hit with a man on, no matter how hard it's hit, you know it's 2. I know he's getting up there in years, but it doesn't look like he's even trying to beat anything out.

That's the thing with ARam...throughout his career he's always struck me as just a guy with no particular passion or attachment to his team. He has one speed, one routine, and he's not deviating for anyone or anything. When he's hot or if he's struggling, he's still doing the exact same things.

I'm not saying he's a bad person, or teammate or anything like that...just saying it matter-of-factly from a fan's perspective.

Every one on this team needs to practice bunting for at least an hour after the game. How pathetic have they been with bunting so far?

I would rather them use that hour to hold a team meeting and have a light bulb go off in someone's head and announce, "Hey! Maybe we should stop giving away so many outs!"

Verified Member
Aramis is one of the few guys I don't mind seeing not totally hustle down the line on an obvious groundout. It's the difference of being beaten by 8 steps instead of 10. Might as well not risk pulling a hammy.

Archived