Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun placed on DL; Logan Schafer activated

ewitkows
Milwaukee Brewers star Ryan Braun was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday morning with a right oblique strain.

Braun hasn't played in a game since last Saturday.

The move is retroactive to April 27. He is eligible to come off the DL on May 12.

In a corresponding roster move, the Brewers reinstated outfielder Logan Schafer from the DL.

Braun is hitting .318 with six homers and 18 RBIs in 22 games.

Source: Ryan Braun placed on DL

Happy to see this, we are already playing with a bit of house money. Not that I don't think they deserve their record, because they do, but no one - here or elsewhere - was expecting this kind of start. Take advantage of it, no need to rush him back. Rest him up, and hopefully avoid bigger issues down the line. Oh, and keep throwing 3-hit shutouts and we should be just fine.
I am not Shea Vucinich

Verified Member
It's amazing how bad our lineup is without him. I expect Ramirez and Segura to pick things up, but holy cow, beyond Gomez and Lucroy right now, there's nothing there.

It's amazing how bad our lineup is without him. I expect Ramirez and Segura to pick things up, but holy cow, beyond Gomez and Lucroy right now, there's nothing there.

That's going to change, but we are still winning a lot without that offensive production.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Verified Member

We are 21-9 and Braun has either been injured or mediocre for most of the season. I know his overall line is pretty good, but most of that came in literally just two games.

They should either try Weeks in RF or trade for somebody like Scott Van Slyke who could offer 1B insurance down the stretch.

I've suggested Weeks in the OF on and off for about 4 years. He played CF in college, so it's not like he'd be raw out there. Plus he can't be any worse than he's been at 2b. I'd play Scooter at 2b just because his defense is outstanding...any offense is extra

I don't think there's a need for a big roster shakeup or something radical like trying to reinvent Weeks as an MLB outfielder at this point. Hopefully the pitching stays like how it's been and the offense is good enough to keep them in it until Braun is back in about a week.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I was watching some of the other games and when they announced Braun was on the DL the crowd cheered. Don't understand the hate for another human. I personally love to watch him play. The team could use his bat.

We are 21-9 and Braun has either been injured or mediocre for most of the season. I know his overall line is pretty good, but most of that came in literally just two games.

Injured yes, but he's sporting a .952 OPS. Yes, he hit 3 HR in a game and 2 in another, but he's got a .318 avg and .361 OBP, which can't be done with two good games. You could look at it like this... he's only played in 22 games, so in about 10% of his games, he's hit multiple home runs.

Braun, Lucroy, Gomez, Reynolds and Maldonado are the only guys hitting well this season, so the sooner Braun gets healthy the better.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Verified Member
Anyone know if Braun is on track to come off DL when the 15 days are up? It's been radio silence.

its only been 3 days...

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Anyone know if Braun is on track to come off DL when the 15 days are up? It's been radio silence.

its only been 3 days...

The move was retroactive to May 27. He's eligible to come off in six days - May 12.

its only been 3 days...

He's eligible to come off for the Pirate series next week. He hasn't played since April 26. It's a legit question whether he'll play any rehab games this weekend.

RRR was on the radio this morning saying Braun told him last night he felt really good...RRR went on to say he expects him to take BP over the next day or two, and if there aren't any issues he'll probably come off the DL and jump right back into the starting lineup on the 12th.

They should either try Weeks in RF or trade for somebody like Scott Van Slyke who could offer 1B insurance down the stretch.

This. SVS could be a real find as a long term solution at 1B and given the Dodgers have him blocked at the 3 OF spots (Kemp, Puig, Ethier, Crawford), 1B (Gonzalez) and have Joc Pederson coming, a move of SVS would be a good thing for them. Unfortunately, they don't really have that many holes, save possibly 3B and UTIL, so making a move with them as fantasy GMs is difficult.

Verified Member

its only been 3 days...

The move was retroactive to May 27. He's eligible to come off in six days - May 12.

its been 3 days since they put him on the DL

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

its been 3 days since they put him on the DL

Retroactive means they can start his arbitrary 15 day DL stint from the point Braun last appeared in a game, regardless of when he's formally placed on the DL. So yes, Braun's technically been on the DL for only a few days now, but the 15 day period was set back to start on April 27. So, he's eligible to come off the DL on May 12th, and all indications currently are that he'll be in the lineup that night in Milwaukee.

Verified Member

Chorizo,

I think torts knows what retroactive means. His point at the time of his post was that it had only been 3 days since Braun had been placed on the DL, so the lack of public information as to whether or not he'll be ready to go at the end of his stint isn't a big deal. It had only been 3 days.

Verified Member
Chorizo,

I think torts knows what retroactive means. His point at the time of his post was that it had only been 3 days since Braun had been placed on the DL, so the lack of public information as to whether or not he'll be ready to go at the end of his stint isn't a big deal. It had only been 3 days.

thank you.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

RRR was on the radio this morning saying Braun told him last night he felt really good...RRR went on to say he expects him to take BP over the next day or two, and if there aren't any issues he'll probably come off the DL and jump right back into the starting lineup on the 12th.
Oh look, buried in all the snarky replies was an actual answer to the question. Thanks Chorizo.

Archived