Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-02 Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Leake), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win the Big Wily Show, 2-0]

If you guys haven't figured it out yet we found our Ace in Peralta.
I think you are premature on this one Coach.

Dead Simmons, Wily possesses one of the highest velocity FBs in the game. He also has a tremendous GB rate. A slider that improves as his K pitch on top of the FB and he's actually capable to turn in to ELITE ACE in all of the NL.

And I think the stats back up what he's becoming. It's just going to take the National Media awhile to take notice when he's pretty much looked at as the #4 on the staff behind Lohse,Gallardo,Garza. I said it in the Playoff Pitcher thread, I think Wily becomes the Game 7 guy when this season is over.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Reds were pitiful at the plate. Taking nothing from Peralta, but they showed me nothing that would reflect the significance of this series with the Div. leader.

Know what I mean?

It's a 2 team race for now.

Reds and Brewers? Cincinnati is only one game behind St. Louis and has a much better roster at this point. Comparable pitching, better offense going forward.

The Cards and Brewers. Cards have much better offense and good pitching. The Reds will struggle to score runs this season, and the loss of Choo was a huge loss to them. Mid-season activity between the two should be interesting. My prediction is by the end of May the this division race will be over and it will be a fight for a WC for the Reds and Cards.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Verified Member
The Cards and Brewers. Cards have much better offense and good pitching. The Reds will struggle to score runs this season, and the loss of Choo was a huge loss to them. Mid-season activity between the two should be interesting. My prediction is by the end of May the this division race will be over and it will be a fight for a WC for the Reds and Cards.

Reds have a better offense at basically every position except maybe SS (and Peralta has not been great). And Votto is the only MVP-caliber offensive player between the two teams. St. Louis came into the season riding on the helium of their unsustainably luck 2013, but those fumes are quickly evaporating.

Reds have a better offense at basically every position except maybe SS (and Peralta has not been great). And Votto is the only MVP-caliber offensive player between the two teams. St. Louis came into the season riding on the helium of their unsustainably luck 2013, but those fumes are quickly evaporating.

You could very well be correct, but compared to the Brewers they aren't very good teams. I expect this race to be over by the end of May. I don't care who wins the WC. I would rather play the Reds in the playoffs.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Archived