Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-02 Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Leake), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win the Big Wily Show, 2-0]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not even really worth applying the label, but how many other teams wish their "fifth starter" pitched like this?

True. All so called #4 and #5 starters have great games in them. After all, no pitcher makes it to the Bigs w/o being the best pitcher on his HS team and higher.

Not even really worth applying the label, but how many other teams wish their "fifth starter" pitched like this?

True. All so called #4 and #5 starters have great games in them. After all, no pitcher makes it to the Bigs w/o being the best pitcher on his HS team and higher.

The labels can be useful, but they aren't the gospel either. There are a few #5 pitchers that are very talented, but are only #5 in the rotation because the guys in front of them are awesome. I think Willy won't be labeled a #5 for much longer. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the #2 or #3 guy for the Brewers.

If they pull this off Wily will be 4-1 in 6 starts with a 2.04 era 1.03 whip on the year. I know what you are saying, but Wily has done it for the whole year...

If they pull this off Wily will be 4-1 in 6 starts with a 2.04 era 1.03 whip on the year. I know what you are saying, but Wily has done it for the whole year...

Pretty strong numbers. I'll be watching this guy. ;)

reminds me of that April game against Atlanta a couple of years ago where Yovani had all the RBIs and shut down the Braves. Great job Wily. This offense is putrid, but winning is great. For all those annoyed with RR's in game errors, it is important that he gets the team to come and play hard every day.
Formerly Andersoc420

If you guys haven't figured it out yet we found our Ace in Peralta.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

If you guys haven't figured it out yet we found our Ace in Peralta.
I think you are premature on this one Coach.

Wily Peralta's stats over his last 23 starts, back to June 21st of last year. Current through the 7th inning tonight.

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/5442/sp8e.png

Been pretty darn "ace" worthy over the last 23 starts.

Make that 11 and 8, and drop the ERA down a little more. ;)
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Ramirez is killing us right now. 0 for his last 23 and anything he hits on the ground is pretty much an automatic double play ball.

Wow. I knew he'd been struggling of late. I didn't realize how badly.

I can't believe he is 100%. I hope RR puts Bianchi in there until AR's elbow is better. :(

The Reds were pitiful at the plate. Taking nothing from Peralta, but they showed me nothing that would reflect the significance of this series with the Div. leader.

Know what I mean?

It's a 2 team race for now.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

That might be a slight exaggeration, but the painful reality for everyone besides us in the division is that they are in an uphill battle to make the playoffs. Even the Cards are 2 games out of a wild card spot with 5 teams ahead of them. I'm sure the Cards will play better and the Reds too for that matter, but with the poor starts they have to play significantly better than a lot of teams to grab a wild card let alone catch us.

Big win. Of course, CC would have finished the game :)

No, but seriously. Taking nothing away from Peralta. He would have.

I have to think some Reds fan somewhere has created a parody video featuring "Roger Bernadina" and set to the tune of "Funky Cold Medina." I can't believe it's not his walk up music.

Verified Member
The Reds were pitiful at the plate. Taking nothing from Peralta, but they showed me nothing that would reflect the significance of this series with the Div. leader.

Know what I mean?

It's a 2 team race for now.

Reds and Brewers? Cincinnati is only one game behind St. Louis and has a much better roster at this point. Comparable pitching, better offense going forward.

Archived