Brewer Fanatic

2014-05-02 Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Leake), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win the Big Wily Show, 2-0]

Dumb Gomez baserunning cost us a run there.

There really wasn't anything he could have done other than try to get into a run down which he kinda tried. The ball was hit right behind him so he had to let it go by or it hits on the way back to 2 and with the defender right there he is dead if he just breaks for third too.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dumb Gomez baserunning cost us a run there.

There really wasn't anything he could have done other than try to get into a run down which he kinda tried. The ball was hit right behind him so he had to let it go by or it hits on the way back to 2 and with the defender right there he is dead if he just breaks for third too.

That's how I saw it too. But if you were listening on the radio you would have thought it was the worst play since Merckle's boner.

I wonder if it's too late to change the Henderson bobble to Peralta this summer?
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Wily has matured. Last year, Wily would have lost Bruce there. That offspeed pitch was nasty. Slider, I think.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Wily Peralta's stats over his last 23 starts, back to June 21st of last year. Current through the 7th inning tonight.

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/5442/sp8e.png

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived