Brewer Fanatic

A word on the Redlegs

I fully expected them to compete hard again, but losing Chapman and Latos was rough. And I don't know if BP is playing hurt right now, but his poor hitting, running (not one SB yet) and exuberance is way down.

I'm watching them play the Cubbies right now, and the North Siders are giving them a tough time. (5-4 Cubs in the 8th) But then, you may remember that I consider the Cubs a much improved team. All their players with a last name ending in "O" are raking. (as opposed to the Brews' "YL" :)

Excuse me for going off topic in my own thread, but I just learned that Cardinal pitchers Jaime Garcia, Kelly and Jason Motte will ALL be returning in May! I can't begin to guess how this will play out.

I'm surprised that the Cards have gotten off to such a mediocre start. Wacha has been a bit weak to start the year. What do you with Garcia and Kelly? Do you take out Lynn and replace him with Kelly/Garcia? What do you with Wacha? I think the Reds are in for a mediocre season. I think they best they can do this year is reach 84 wins. Same goes for Pittsburgh. This is going to be a long battle between the Cards and Brewers. Hopefully the Brewers have built enough of a lead early to survive the war.

It's a good lead Vegas, but it's a long season. Batting slumps and injuries can derail a team. It takes some luck. On Garcia: I think he's toast. The overthrowing caught up with him. Mott may be in the same boat.

Wacha got off track in a windy game in NY. The gale blowing straight at him gave his experimental curveball a big dip, and he went away from the style that made him so tough. 96MPH fastball, a good change and an occasional breaking ball. I'm sure the coaches are behind this. They want another Carpenter/Waino. The big curve is a mighty sexy pitch.

If somehow Garcia gets it back together Miller or Kelly will be dealt. Reds' Current and former Card GM Walt Jockety has his eye on them I'm sure.

Archived