Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-30 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Miller), 12:45 PM CDT [Day Baseball! #WCWW; Brewers lose, 9-3]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wang looks like he could have a decent future, but if we're serious about contending this year, he can't stay on the roster. An "injury" would sure help, I know he needs 90 days, but those could be accrued later in the year when our bullpen isn't fried. It's just hard to wing games having one less guy in the bullpen, throw in all these close games and extra innings games....it's just not working.

I doubt Pitt lets us keep him but we'd be silly to not just simply ask.

Wang's a nice A ball arm. Period. He isn't worth wasting a 25 man slot for a contending team on the chance he's got anything more than a token big league career 4 years down the road. Current management will likely be long gone by then anyway.

First, he'd likely have to be added to the 40 man and if he's traded for and send down he'd use one up this season, so he'd have to be back for good by 2017.

Second, considering how many token big leaguers you've championed I find that statement I bolded somewhat amusing.

Third, this is your best case scenario... he pitches and pitches poorly enough that the Brewers can make a decent trade for him, thus retaining his rights and opening up a much needed roster spot.

I really don't get the venom on this one, Wang isn't costing the Brewers a potential victory here. We had an extremely overworked pen before back to back extra inning games and a starter who didn't make it through the 4th. Yes it's the Cards which adds that extra personal element for many posters but we already pulled out to 2 victories on the road in extra innings in the series.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I don't hate Wang, but if the Brewers really think they are playoff contenders they can't afford to keep him on the roster.

They also have to consider a move in the next day or two to shore up the roster for the Reds series. DFAing Weeks would be a start and, unfortunately, I think they're going to have to bite the bullet and put Braun on the DL.

They need to get Wooten or Figaro up tomorrow to cover for the guys who are going to have to mop up today.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I just hope this game doesnt break the "mojo" they had going. They just seem like they are ready to get out of STL which given the fact they have played back to back extras I cant blame them. Take the day off tomorrow and regroup
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I just hope this game doesnt break the "mojo" they had going. They just seem like they are ready to get out of STL which given the fact they have played back to back extras I cant blame them. Take the day off tomorrow and regroup

I don't think it will. Won 2 of 3 when they could have easily lost all 3. Split in Cincy and i would be thrilled.

Not sure why all this venom is/has been spewed at Wang. Every team can use a mop-up guy/long-inning guy. That's what Wang is at this point and should be used for. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you want to look at it since they have been outstanding so far), the bullpen has been used a lot so far and with back to back extra inning games and a short start, Wang had to be used. This loss counts no more than any others. And we should consider ourselves lucky for winning the last two games.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Unfortunately, they don't get the day off tomorrow unless it rains.

That's why it is so bad that they are going to have to get so many innings out of the overworked bullpen today.

I was hoping that they could get through today using just Garza and Wang, but now they're going to have to waste two other guys to cover the 7th and 8th.

Duke could be valuable in Cincy to face Votto and Bruce, but now he's going to have to pitch today.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Ok either make a deal for Wang or send him packing. He's just not ready to be here.

Oh and Hererra? Gross.

Wang's a nice A ball arm. Period. He isn't worth wasting a 25 man slot for a contending team on the chance he's got anything more than a token big league career 4 years down the road. Current management will likely be long gone by then anyway.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but if Wang wasn't a lefty there's no chance the Brewers or anyone would have done this. If this was last year, fine, whatever. But not when it looks like they'll be a contender. Heck, they could even have Fiers in the pen.

Not sure why all this venom is/has been spewed at Wang. Every team can use a mop-up guy/long-inning guy.

Not venom, it's nothing personal- it's just that there are better options. The way the Brewers are built, there will be a lot of close games this year. And with 2 other LHP that will be used siuationally at times, they are going to need everyone in the pen to pitch important innings. In the AL this may work, but not with a Brewers team that will be in a ton of 4-3 type of games.

Kudos to Wang for giving them 3 innings...now the pressure's on Estrada and Peralta to turn in solid outings because their "long guy" just threw 70 pitches.

Even if Wang isn't DL'd, which I'm not sure how realistic a faux injury actually is, I'd like to see Figaro recalled and Braun DL'd if he's not going to be able to play tomorrow. Give the pen another arm to work multiple innings in case a starter scuffles the next few nights - you get Schafer back over the weekend so you could shuttle Figaro right back down, and hopefully both ARam and Segura return to the lineup tomorrow night, too.

Even if Wang isn't DL'd, which I'm not sure how realistic a faux injury actually is, I'd like to see Figaro recalled and Braun DL'd if he's not going to be able to play tomorrow.

He was scheduled to start tonight for Nashville, if he does then he won't be the guy, he wouldn't be ready for innings again until Sunday.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived