Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-30 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Miller), 12:45 PM CDT [Day Baseball! #WCWW; Brewers lose, 9-3]

Rule 5 or not, any pitcher should know to turn and go to second there. That's just common baseball sense, going home with it is one thing, but to go to third to try to turn a DP? That's just dumb. That was a routine DP and they made us pay by scoring runs after the inning should have been over.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad News: The Cards get 2 runs

Good News: The three run lead is back - we have them where we want them.

Bad News: Wang raises his ERA

Good News: Maybe this board can stop talking about him like he's the lovechild of Rollie Fingers and Trevor Hoffman.

Man, Shelby Miller's pitch count is only at 60! Yikes... I thought it was much higher...

A few killer mistakes today

- trying to steal 2nd with runners on 1-3 and 2 outs and Overbay ahead in the count

- Garza's walks after being ahead 0-2

- LuCroy's passed ball that should have gotten Garza out of the inning at about 55 pitches instead of 75 in the 3rd

Man, Shelby Miller's pitch count is only at 60! Yikes... I thought it was much higher...

A few killer mistakes today

- trying to steal 2nd with runners on 1-3 and 2 outs and Overbay ahead in the count

- Garza's walks after being ahead 0-2

- LuCroy's passed ball that should have gotten Garza out of the inning at about 55 pitches instead of 75 in the 3rd

Don't forget Wang looking to third on a routine DP, 2 runs scored after the inning potentially could have been over.

hoping at this point that Wang can work another 2 innings (would be a miracle, but here's hoping), or at least till his spot in the lineup comes up. Did Garza get pulled because he just didn't have it today, or was there a more obvious injury concern?

It was definitely something on his pitching thumb. Could have been a blister, not really sure. He threw a couple more test throws but left the game. Didn't appear to be in a lot of pain or anything. Didn't really look serious, but they haven't said anything that I've heard yet (Though I am working).

It's not an act at all. Posters are generally very quick to say it's over prematurely when they don't understand that we have a team with pitching that can hold the score till our offense catches up. Someones got to stay positive and realistic. Nothing wrong with what I said at all.

I think he(everyone) was growing tired of the, "I'm the best, see what I said, I KNOW the outcomes." responses youve graced us with.

Your positive attitude is nice though.

WTP- I had the same thought. If we "stretch" him out for say 50-60 pitches... and make he feels some "tightness" in the elbow... can we send him to the DL?

I know potential is very important... but as bad as our lineup is... we were only down 1 run after 3 today.. Putting in WANG just seems like waving the white flag and saying "we're happy with 2/3"

There will be weeks where we will go 2-5 or 3-4, and we need to maximize wins when we're playing well. I really like this team's ability (this year) to finish sweeps. I think good play leads to more good play, and good enough leads to funks

Well, we can't win them all, even though lately it seems like it...

:(

I'm tired of the Wang experiment. Having him on the roster at some point is going to cost us a game due to the empty roster space he is taking.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Ok either make a deal for Wang or send him packing. He's just not ready to be here.

Oh and Hererra? Gross.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Ok either make a deal for Wang or send him packing. He's just not ready to be here.

Oh and Hererra? Gross.

Wang's a nice A ball arm. Period. He isn't worth wasting a 25 man slot for a contending team on the chance he's got anything more than a token big league career 4 years down the road. Current management will likely be long gone by then anyway.

Oh and Hererra? Gross.

Wang's a nice A ball arm. Period. He isn't worth wasting a 25 man slot for a contending team on the chance he's got anything more than a token big league career 4 years down the road. Current management will likely be long gone by then anyway.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for Briggs to pop up and talk about his hate for Wang.

Archived