Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-30 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Miller), 12:45 PM CDT [Day Baseball! #WCWW; Brewers lose, 9-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 30 | 12:45 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (20-7) | Cardinals (14-14)[/h2][h3]FSWI | MLBN | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/brewers/garza-06.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/pitchers/cardinals/miller-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-2, 4.09 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]It took him five Brewers starts, but Garza finally savored victory after working seven quality innings against the Cubs. He's 3-2 with a 4.14 ERA in eight career starts against the Cards, but has an 8.31 ERA at Busch Stadium.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-2, 2.86 ERA, 1.45 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Walks continue to haunt Miller, as he now has 18 in five starts. He has walked at least three in every start. Miller has finished six innings only twice, largely because he's averaging 17 pitches an inning. He has yet to throw 100 pitches in a game.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Gomez
  2. RF Herrera
  3. 2B Gennett
  4. C Lucroy
  5. 1B Overbay
  6. LF Davis
  7. 3B Reynolds
  8. SS Bianchi
  9. P Garza

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter
  2. CF Jon Jay
  3. LF Matt Holliday
  4. 1B Matt Adams
  5. RF Allen Craig
  6. SS Jhonny Peralta
  7. 2B Greg Garcia
  8. C Tony Cruz
  9. RHP Shelby Miller

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the first win I thought "wow, this is great to take at least 1 here"

After last night, I'm just elated that we already won this series with such a limited roster.

If we somehow win this game... wow. That would truly be incredible. We all know how quickly the bottom can fall out, so at this point I'm just hoping for a winning road trip and hopefully we'll get some players back by the time that's open.

Community Moderator
The videos are great and so is the season so far. I know there will be a rough patch but getting out to this lead is never a bad thing. Glad I finally decided to join the site.

Welcome to BF.net!!!

Well my "I need to go to bed" motivation isn't going to work today.

This lineup is better than yesterday but only marginally so. Hopefully Miller gets a little wild and we get that pitch count up.

I would much rather have the every day guys in there; but it was refreshing how the last night's lineup was able to work the count and make the Cards work for the outs. Of course that really has been our only hope this series. If only our star players could learn to be a little bit more patient and take some walks as well.

Winning last night allowed us to give another day off for Braun, Segura and Ramirez. They may pinch hit late if the game dictates it but overall a great move to get them another day of rest before we are off to Cincy.

Come on Crew, get another one today.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Welcome Eastside Jim! Always nice to have another body in the game threads!

Where is DeadSimmons? We need him for the sweep! lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious. I will probably watch that 10 times today!!!

At least 15 times already today. Will Smith is perhaps the most hilarious of all those goofballs in that video.

Obviously this team is highly stressed right now

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

being able to give those guys an extra day off is huge. do you think any of them are available to PH? Is Braun the only one out?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Welcome Eastside Jim! Always nice to have another body in the game threads!

Where is DeadSimmons? We need him for the sweep! lol

I'm going to restrain myself here Turbo. :angry

But I will say this: If the Cards jump out to a 3-0 lead, I'm shutting down the PC, turning off the TV and the kitchen radio and heading for the nearest bar where the volume will be muted and I'll get only glimpses of the carnage.

Dead Simmons, I don't know what you do for a living, or if you're a student, etc. But I am willing to chip in to pay for a PTO day if you promise to be here this afternoon in the IGT.
With my luck your "chip in" would be a donation in my name to The Human fund. Don't worry...I'll be here in the GDT, but as I said earlier if the Cards score 3 quick runs, I'm out! :ohwell

Archived