Brewer Fanatic

Welcome to National Exposure

Dead Simmons

Dead Simmons, I have really enjoyed your presence on this forum, keep up the good work.

Re: National Exposure, I agree, if they play well they will get noticed, but not on ESPN. I dont know why but it is clear that ESPN promotes two things. #1 NBA #2 NFL then college sports then baseball, everything else, then Hockey.

Dead Simmons, I have really enjoyed your presence on this forum, keep up the good work.

Re: National Exposure, I agree, if they play well they will get noticed, but not on ESPN. I dont know why but it is clear that ESPN promotes two things. #1 NBA #2 NFL then college sports then baseball, everything else, then Hockey.

I know Jack...they have all but lost my viewership since the emergence of MLBTV. I watch The panel shows because I like Kornhieser and Wilbon, Woody Paige and the others, but thats it. (Steven A. Smith disgusts me, and I'm hard to disgust)

Of course, after today's clunker of a game...NOW we get featured on SportsCenter. Like iso'd with an intro and everything.

If you go to BSPN's web site to check out their MLB page you never see anything about the Crew in the headlines on the right side of the main page - unless we lose! :rolleyes If you want any facts or coverage about last night's win you have to go to the daily scores page and search there. What will those clowns do if we actually beat their beloved Yankees this weekend? ;)

Verified Member
To be honest, I am not noticing any national exposure... We are quietly the best team in baseball (according to win/loss records) yet get no coverage. If it was the Yankees or Red Sox with this success, the media would be falling all over themselves to get stories and snippets on the team and their success.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Verified Member

I love it. Outstanding article, and Melvin says all the right things. I've been trying to figure out when the K/BB thing would over-correct itself, as has Melvin, apparently.

This quote is great:

Before a game, the typical hitting coach gathers his hitters in a room and is telling them to "get a good pitch to hit." Meanwhile, the typical pitching coach for the same team is in another room at the same time telling his pitchers, "Get ahead. Throw first-pitch strikes."

To be honest, I am not noticing any national exposure... We are quietly the best team in baseball (according to win/loss records) yet get no coverage. If it was the Yankees or Red Sox with this success, the media would be falling all over themselves to get stories and snippets on the team and their success.
It was hot for a while Rick, but since Braun went down it's cooled off some. Stay around 1st place and it will return.

I noticed last night that the entire Central was 6-4 in their last 10! So the Brews have lost no ground in the last 10 games. Amazin'! I haven't been able to catch many games lately, but I'm guessing that ARam isn't hitting yet. I know SOMEBODY is though.

I think the Reds have stared making their move. And Chapman looms. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Due to the current situation in the National League it is inevitable that the Brewers are going to share much more attention from the media and baseball world in general.

I know that many of you are skeptical but things have changed since this thread started. The media loved that Lucroy "promotional" spot. He has been brought to the attention of the all powerful media and you can bet it will be shown the second Matheny lifts Yadi for Luc in the ASG with an international audience watching.

The collapse of the Cardinals will leave a gaping void in NL coverage, and the team that usurps them will get it. The Reds aren't a great story. The Pirates are OK, but the Brewers could be gold. Why? Many reasons.

The very history of the Brewers is fascinating with names like Bill Veeck, Harvey Kuenn, Casey Stengel, Bud Selig and the St. Louis Browns associated with it. It's a story and it will be told.

Best case scenario I guess would be if the Brewers met another media darling in the WS. The Yankees or Angels. Toronto would not be good!

Due to the current situation in the National League it is inevitable that the Brewers are going to share much more attention from the media and baseball world in general.

I know that many of you are skeptical but things have changed since this thread started. The media loved that Lucroy "promotional" spot. He has been brought to the attention of the all powerful media and you can bet it will be shown the second Matheny lifts Yadi for Luc in the ASG with an international audience watching.

The collapse of the Cardinals will leave a gaping void in NL coverage, and the team that usurps them will get it. The Reds aren't a great story. The Pirates are OK, but the Brewers could be gold. Why? Many reasons.

The very history of the Brewers is fascinating with names like Bill Veeck, Harvey Kuenn, Casey Stengel, Bud Selig and the St. Louis Browns associated with it. It's a story and it will be told.

Best case scenario I guess would be if the Brewers met another media darling in the WS. The Yankees or Angels. Toronto would not be good!

Finally! Someone understands just how good the Brewers are and what is happening in the division. Thank God... I've been thinking WS since June. I'm loving this season!

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Finally! Someone understands just how good the Brewers are and what is happening in the division. Thank God... I've been thinking WS since June. I'm loving this season!

All the way since June? So... like last week?

Archived