Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-29 Brewers (Lohse) at Cardinals (Lynn), 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 11 innings]

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO That we beat the Cardinals with this lineup! LMAO! 20-7!!!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Not gonna lie, I almost gave up on this one seeing the lineup and seeing us down 3-0 when I was able to turn it on. Glad I didn't. I don't know how it's possible, but this team found a way to win...again. Stole the last two with half a roster basically. Amazing.

This is getting ridiculous. How we managed to win with that lineup is remarkable. Bullpen with another 5 innings with only one run. This isn't going to last forever but man I am loving this team so far. Overbay has really gotten hot recently; and those bunt attempts were just atrocious. Should probably not try bunting with guys that simply don't bunt. That being said he seems like everything RR touches turns to gold right now. Of course his job is pretty easy when every guy he throws out there in the bullpen is basically awesome

This is getting ridiculous. How we managed to win with that lineup is remarkable. Bullpen with another 5 innings with only one run. This isn't going to last forever but man I am loving this team so far. Overbay has really gotten hot recently; and those bunt attempts were just atrocious. Should probably not try bunting with guys that simply don't bunt. That being said he seems like everything RR touches turns to gold right now. Of course his job is pretty easy when every guy he throws out there in the bullpen is basically awesome

I was saying that at the time. Bunting with Overbay was a ridiculous call. Especially with Reynolds on deck who is a very likely candidate to strike out with 1 out and make the sac moot.

Fortunately Overbay bailed him out on 1-2.

K-Rod just tied a major league record for saves in April at 13.

He had one on March 31st though, so I think he "only" has 12 in April.

I was quoting MLB Network on that stat.

I've never seen a Brewers team clicking this well. The eternally pessimistic Brewer fan in me is completely baffled. I love it and it's setting up to be a great season.

K-Rod just tied a major league record for saves in April at 13.

He had one on March 31st though, so I think he "only" has 12 in April.

I was quoting MLB Network on that stat.

Technically they said "before the end of April" so that must be the qualifier.

Edit: And MLB just tweeted: .@Brewers closer Francisco Rodriguez records his 13th save, tying an @MLB record for saves before May 1.

Archived