Brewer Fanatic

Predict the Brewers record in May - 2014 (13-15)

jjkoestler

4 @ CIN (2-2)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (2-1)

3 vs PIT (1-2)

3 @ CHC (2-1)

4 @ ATL (2-2)

3 @ MIA (2-1)

3 vs BAL (2-1)

2 vs CHC (2-0)

14 home

14 away

28 TOTAL

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. 17-11

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Minor injuries, Lack of patience at the plate, average defense, and poor base running will start to catch up to them, but their Solid Pitching will still be the trump card that carries them in May.

4 @ CIN (3-1)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (1-2)

3 vs PIT (3-0)

3 @ CHC (3-0)

4 @ ATL (1-3)

3 @ MIA (2-1)

3 vs BAL (1-2)

2 vs CHC (2-0)

18-10

I'm going to say 15-13. Pitching will continue to turn out quality starts, but the offense is going to scuffle a bit until Braun is fully healthy, A-Ram transitions into his normal second half form, and Segura/Davis get comfortable again.

On a more optimistic note I think it will be the team's worth month of the season record-wise.

Minor injuries, Lack of patience at the plate, average defense, and poor base running will start to catch up to them, but their Solid Pitching will still be the trump card that carries them in May.

4 @ CIN (3-1)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (1-2)

3 vs PIT (3-0)

3 @ CHC (3-0)

4 @ ATL (1-3)

3 @ MIA (2-1)

3 vs BAL (1-2)

2 vs CHC (2-0)

18-10

Bylo, I think your total is spot on, but not how you arrived at it. I would adjust your picks in the bold print by one game each. One thing I'm pretty sure of: Atlanta is playing over their heads and should be cooled off by the time you meet them. 3-1 Brews would not surprise me.

4 @ CIN (3-1)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (1-2)

3 vs PIT (3-0)

3 @ CHC (3-0)

4 @ ATL (1-3)

3 @ MIA (2-1)

3 vs BAL (1-2)

2 vs CHC (2-0)

18-10

Bylo, I think your total is spot on, but not how you arrived at it. I would adjust your picks in the bold print by one game each. One thing I'm pretty sure of: Atlanta is playing over their heads and should be cooled off by the time you meet them. 3-1 Brews would not surprise me.

Thanks. The Atlanta series I went with 1-3 because that's always a tough place to play. If I could do a do-over I'd probably change Cincinnati to 2-2 and Pittsburgh to 2-1, but I'm an optimist so I'll stick with what I went with originally.

since Braun came up, May has been the most difficult month for the Brewers, only 2 seasons have they had a .500 or better record, and if im not mistaken, those were the two years they went to the playoffs. that being said, im going all in, full-on optimism here baby, Brewers are going to go 16-12

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm going to say 15-13. Pitching will continue to turn out quality starts, but the offense is going to scuffle a bit until Braun is fully healthy, A-Ram transitions into his normal second half form, and Segura/Davis get comfortable again.

I was thinking the same record, with basically the same reasons, so to be different I will go 16-12.

4 @ CIN (2-2)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (1-2)

3 vs PIT (2-1)

3 @ CHC (2-1)

4 @ ATL (2-2)

3 @ MIA (2-1)

3 vs BAL (1-2)

2 vs CHC (2-0)

16-12 is what I'll go with. If we do I'll be ecstatic heading into June at roughly 35-21.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

4 @ CIN (2-2)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (1-2)

3 vs PIT (1-2)

3 @ CHC (2-1)

4 @ ATL (1-3)

3 @ MIA (1-2)

3 vs BAL (2-1)

2 vs CHC (1-1)

13-15? Still not bad, but I'm anticipating a cooldown.. Especially in the bullpen. At some point, they've got to give up a few runs.

All of it really hinges on when Braun and Segura return. Sounds like no DL, but we'll see. If they're both out, especially Braun, this lineup is just simply not very good. That forces us to start Bianchi, Herrera or Schaefer, and those are substantial downgrades that I think will severely limit our run production.

14-14

Braun struggles and the offense goes into a nose dive and crashes. The pitching continues to be good but not as good in April and costs the Brewers a few games with the struggling offense.

They will come down to earth and probably go through at least one bad stretch. But they keep it together and remain in the hunt and possibly still lead the division

15-13

This is what I'm kind of thinking too. With so many guys out, I don't see a ton of upside this month. We really need our pitching to carry us.

15-13

4 @ CIN (2-2)

3 vs ARI (2-1)

3 vs NYY (1-2)

3 vs PIT (1-2)

3 @ CHC (2-1)

4 @ ATL (1-3)

3 @ MIA (1-2)

3 vs BAL (1-2)

2 vs CHC (2-0)

13-15

I think the Brewers come back down to earth a bit in May. Knowing what I know now I'd probably flip some of this around a little bit and have them start the month slower as Braun should be on the 15 day, Seggy might take a little while to get back, and Aram's a bit of a question mark, but ultimately I think they end up slightly below .500. Plus teams like the Marlins are funny. I don't know what pitchers we'll face, but they've got some really good ones.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived