Brewer Fanatic

Anyone Have An Extra Gomez GG Bobblehead?

bobbledude25

Does anyone know if it's true that they ran out bobbleheads at the Gomez game? I just find that really hard to believe that they still don't make enough of them at this point and have to do the redeemable-raincheck-voucher thing.

They learned their lesson last year, when some games they had over 10,000 bobbles that went unclaimed. This year, they were unable to judge the popularity of Gomez, and they screwed up.

Whatever department that is in charge of choosing which bobbles to get made, when to have retros, when to announce if there will be retros, and how many to order should be fired!

The team was bad last year, and the bobbles they chose to give out were just not very popular.

It is almost like they do not have their finger on the pulse of the fans, but instead, just flip a coin to figure out what to give out.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

itd be kinda fun to make a short list of the games where vouchers were passed out.. only one i'm aware is the jason kendall game of the miller park basement flood. we know for sure there was no problem with gorman thomas / ben oglivie / harvey kuenn. i'm sure theyre still selling those dolls 3 for a dollar.

Seeing a lot of these bobbles going for over $30 on ebay.

A month from now, they will be back down to earth at $10-$15...

Best time to sell any bobblehead is within a week of it's release...

This one however, might stick around for a while at $20+. Gomez has become a fan favorite, it has a gold glove, and the pose is just very cool, not the standard fare of standing with a bat.

Community Moderator
I got a Gomez bobblehead during a spring training game at Maryvale this year. They were gone pretty quickly.

I was at that game. The reason they were gone was because guys were getting 10-20 of them at a time and taking them back to their car. My friend that I took to the game was ticked that he didn't get one when these other guys were walking off with bags (literally) stuffed with the bobble boxes.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

seems like the guys with bags of bobbleheads are the same yahoos asking for more bobbleheads on craigslist.. they can net $10 per widget and can sell like 20-30 of these from last april.. theyre rich!! but joking aside i guess the hustle actually paid this time when you consider the last 3 SGA bobbleheads gthomas, hkuenn, boglivie they were giving away 3 for a dollar at last offseason clubhouse sale.

i kinda feel like chicken little "the sky is falling" as i dont have tix this yr for bobblehead day but probably no coincidence actual market value per bauble ends up equating to whatever the stubhub price of these games. from what i have observed last few games.

Verified Member

It is definitely cheaper to buy the bobbles on the secondary market than actually purchasing the game ticket, parking, etc...

I used to HAVE to go to all the bobble games, but not so much anymore because they are easy to get and cheap.

Verified Member

On a side note, I find it funny that the T-Rats gave out bobbles to yesterday's game and called it spring cleaning. They gave out a bunch of bobbles from the past couple of years that they had laying around, to the first 500 fans. Bobbles included Brock, Lucroy, Whiffer, 2012 bobble boys, Coulter, and Erickson. The funny part is that suddenly, ebay has an abundance of all the bobbles given out just yesterday.

The Lucroy has always been a tough one to get, and one hasn't shown up on ebay in quite a while. Since yesterday, there are 3 or 4 of them that have shown up. Coincidence?

Those guys walking around with bags of bobbleheads are the worst kind of humans. Or at least they used to be. The guys who now line up on the sidewalks with boxes of bobbleheads trying to trade their Harvey Kuenn overstock have taken their place.

• 2 weeks later...
Those guys walking around with bags of bobbleheads are the worst kind of humans. Or at least they used to be. The guys who now line up on the sidewalks with boxes of bobbleheads trying to trade their Harvey Kuenn overstock have taken their place.

There's a new kind of "one of those guys" around. At the Trats game this guy walks around with dirty old baseballs and offers them to kids for their bobbleheads. Laughable

There's a new kind of "one of those guys" around. At the Trats game this guy walks around with dirty old baseballs and offers them to kids for their bobbleheads. Laughable

I saw a guy in a Favre Vikings jersey doing this at the Brewer game this past weekend... I found it really weird.

Archived