Brewer Fanatic

2014-04-26 Cubs (Wood) at Brewers (Estrada), 6:10 PM CDT

Dead Simmons
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have come around to the lohse signing for a first round pick but I couldn't see a situation where you could justify giving their pick up for an average hitting DH or a SS every one else has passed over. I think our pitching is good enough that we could sustain a few major injuries from everyday players and be ok. The expanded stats suggest we will start scoring a lot more runs soon.
I forgot that the Cards got a pick for Kyle. Who did they get?

I have come around to the lohse signing for a first round pick but I couldn't see a situation where you could justify giving their pick up for an average hitting DH or a SS every one else has passed over. I think our pitching is good enough that we could sustain a few major injuries from everyday players and be ok. The expanded stats suggest we will start scoring a lot more runs soon.

HS LHP Rob Kaminsky. Looks like he's off to a decent start at Rk (3.68 ERA, 11.5 K/9, 3.7 BB/9)

HS LHP Rob Kaminsky. Looks like he's off to a decent start at Rk (3.68 ERA, 11.5 K/9, 3.7 BB/9)

Thanks Rob.

What a horrible slide by Weeks, if he slides to the opposite side he's safe, he bent his leg towards the catcher allowing him to make the tag.

Looked like he did all he could. You have to raise a leg.

You slide the opposite way with your legs out towards foul territory and swipe the plate with your hand. If he does that there's no way the catcher would be able to tag him.

I think LePay a great job overall filling in for BA, but he has a hard time telling when a ball is going to be HR. His call starts off with a standard fly ball call, then after the ball already leaves the yard, he ramps up his excitement. But its almost too late

Any update on Segura? I just heard what happened. Did it look as bad as it sounds?

I don't have an update, but I also missed the incident.

This grainy video was linked on the Brewers subreddit:

Segura is getting beat up this season so far.

Archived