Brewer Fanatic

Brewers off days

... are the worst!

I have a fairly busy job, a secondary job that is a passion of mine/keeps me busy, friends I love seeing etc, etc. and yet it is amazing how every time the Brewers have an off day I feel completely lost and need to "find things to do". I never have a problem from November - March and am always looking for free time to relax but when Brewers season hits ... off days leave me lost. There has to be a name for this syndrome.

Anyone else or am I crazy?

I'm with you.

It is an empty feeling, kind like something is missing...

It's amazing how fast you get back into the rhythm of a season, and any off day throws off that rhythm.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm with ya man. Even though they play 162 games in 182 days, I just can't get enough Brewers baseball, especially since they are playing so well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's not even just the off days for me, it's any night (other than Sunday) where they don't play. I found myself surfing channels and flipping between the NBA and NHL playoffs...neither of which I care about. I think part of it is that most of the TV shows I watch are over for the season and there is nothing else on and I'm utterly confused and lost without Brewers baseball at night.

I work second shift mostly, so any day where a brewer day off coincides with one of my days off is the worst. Like today :( Most days I get lucky to catch the end of the pregame show on my way in at 1 or the end of the game/post game show on my way home when I'm done at 10.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I agree. I am one of those types of fans whose clock is literally almost programmed to the team between April and September, even if we are out of it. It must be a syndrome of some sort.... I will have to do some research.

I found myself opening up the MLB At Bat app numerous times last night to check the score :(

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Yes it kills me. I enjoy, in theory, the team getting a day of rest. That said, I feel like I need a fix on these days. I check Brewers news, strike up a debate with friends, or get on here. Can't wait for tonight's game!

Archived