Brewer Fanatic

The Scuffling Cardinals

Dead Simmons
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Lucroy called a bad game on purpose because it was Wainwright.

Maybe it was Wainwright's fault, after all he admitted he threw Jeter meatballs. (that's so classy)

Maybe Wainwright was actually the worst pitcher for the NL, since no one else had a problem pitching to Lucroy.

Either way, Cardinals fans are the most miserable people on earth.

I don't mind admitting that Waino stuck his size 13 foot in his mouth. If he DID groove one to Jeter in his last ASG in the midst of all the adoration and hoopla, I can understand it. But my god, keep your mouth shut about it until some old timers function 20 years from now.

I was not in the least surprised that he was ineffective BTW. Matheny should have taken him out in the 5th inning Friday with that big lead he had. No reason to stretch him as he would be pitching Tuesday on 3 days rest. I blame Matheny for the HFA the AL will enjoy in October. I blame Waino for talking before thinking.

I was not in the least surprised that he was ineffective BTW. Matheny should have taken him out in the 5th inning Friday with that big lead he had. No reason to stretch him as he would be pitching Tuesday on 3 days rest. I blame Matheny for the HFA the AL will enjoy in October.

It would have been his normal day to throw a bullpen session anyway so I don't think that was the reason. He just didn't pitch well. I have always been a fan of Molina, I think he is probably the best overall catcher of this era. That said I think St Louis fans overrate his defense. They see how well he throws out base stealers and assume it means he is a great all around defensive catcher. Yet throwing out base stealers may be the most overrated aspect of catching. Pitch framing is far more important. I think digging balls out of the dirt might be as or more important overall. If a pitcher isn't worried about pitches in the dirt getting away it allows him to bury curves and sliders without fear. That has to help get a few outs over the course of a season.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The Cards are doing some kind of tricky balancing act. Starters decimated, next to last in runs scored, Molina out. Allen Craig all but washed up. I can't figure how they can be 10 over .500 and knocking on 1st place's door.

I really can't.

I agree with DS... I just don't buy into the Cardinals offense and they have been just too unlucky with injuries. I don't see them sticking around unless the rest of the division finishes much worse than I am expecting them to. I think this race is between the Reds and the Brewers.

Would someone pin this to the top of the board for the rest of the season, so I don't have to bump it every couple of weeks?

Or just lock it because it's about the Cardinals and I don't care about them and don't want a thread dedicated to them (whether it be about them scuffling or not) at the top of the board every damn day.

Would someone pin this to the top of the board for the rest of the season, so I don't have to bump it every couple of weeks?

Or just lock it because it's about the Cardinals and I don't care about them and don't want a thread dedicated to them (whether it be about them scuffling or not) at the top of the board every damn day.

There was a point about a week ago where 12 of the top 20 topics had been started by DeadSimmons w/ a Cardinals connotation. I'm waiting on the day where the forum color scheme is red and gold, I'm sure it's coming.

I think it is funny how as I read the last few posts, the song "Why Can't We Be Friends?" by War pops up on my CD changer.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If you have to bump it that should be a strong indication of other people's interest.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

this. please lock this thread.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I agree with DS... I just don't buy into the Cardinals offense and they have been just too unlucky with injuries. I don't see them sticking around unless the rest of the division finishes much worse than I am expecting them to. I think this race is between the Reds and the Brewers.

I'm sorry, but the Cardinals are to the NL Central what the Packers are to the NFC North. They will find a way to be right there in the end, without Molina and other starters. I'd be shocked if they fall out of contention, and I'd love to be wrong about this.

lock it.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived