Brewer Fanatic

The Scuffling Cardinals

Dead Simmons

Without going into detailed stats, this team bears no resemblance to the three years previous. Molina and "Big City" Adams are the only regulars that don't appear lost at the plate.

Matt Carpenter has committed many errors (several ruled hits) in spite of the fact that he's supposed to be a true 3rd sacker. Peralta and Bourjos are sub-Mendoza, opening the door for Jon Jay and Descalso to get more playing time, which can't be a good thing.

Losing 3 of 4 to the Mets is troubling, to say the least. :(

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no offense, but I am quite alright with this

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

no offense, but I am quite alright with this

LOL....but you better keep an eye on those Redlegs. In spite of awful hitting and sub par fielding by Brandon Phillips they closed out the series with the Bucs winning 3 straight, which closed the basement gap with the Cubbies.

I know it's awfully soon but could the Phoenix that was the Pirates be in it's death throes?

With that crazy starting rotation I think the Cards are looking just fine. Lynn and Miller as their 3 & 4 makes me sick!! As much fun as I'm having with the Crew right now I can't say in good conscience that the Brewers are in the same stratosphere as St. Louis right now.

The Pirates are .500 against teams not named the Brewers. Cincy and St. Louis will undoubtedly be playing better as the season rolls along. Hopefully the slow start can continue through next week for those two.
The Pirates will miss Wacha and Kelly so there's a very good chance they 2 of 3. Mike Matheny does not believe in pitching around teams' #1 hitter. Witness: David Ortiz. :angry

The Cardinals always seem to find some way to get back into it. Remember August 2011 when the Brewers beat the Cards 2-out-of-3 in St. Louis, and it seemed like the Cards were finished? We all remember how that season finished.

True, but there are only 2 regs and 1 pitcher left from that team! (And only 1 coach in Oquendo)

The brewers could play this way all season long and still lose to a 75 win cardinals team that snuck into that second wild card seed in the playoffs. We will not have confidence against them until fate decides the cards are no longer it's team.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Without going into detailed stats, this team bears no resemblance to the three years previous. Molina and "Big City" Adams are the only regulars that don't appear lost at the plate.

Matt Carpenter has committed many errors (several ruled hits) in spite of the fact that he's supposed to be a true 3rd sacker. Peralta and Bourjos are sub-Mendoza, opening the door for Jon Jay and Descalso to get more playing time, which can't be a good thing.

Their pitching should keep them in contention all season, but last year for all of the gushing about just how "clutch" the Cardinals are because of their incredible stats with RISP, it should have been predictable that it couldn't be repeated.

They have a good team, but it was fluke more than anything to hit so well lat year with RISP. If something like that was repeatable, we'd see other teams do it over multiple seasons. As i said though, if their rotation stays healthy along with their key position players, i'd be surprised to not see St. Louis in the playoff mix come September. Any rotation with a healthy Wainwright, Wacha, Miller, Lynn, and Kelly should end up winning at minimum 85 games.

Their pitching should keep them in contention all season, but last year for all of the gushing about just how "clutch" the Cardinals are because of their incredible stats with RISP, it should have been predictable that it couldn't be repeated.

They have a good team, but it was fluke more than anything to hit so well lat year with RISP. If something like that was repeatable, we'd see other teams do it over multiple seasons. As i said though, if their rotation stays healthy along with their key position players, i'd be surprised to not see St. Louis in the playoff mix come September. Any rotation with a healthy Wainwright, Wacha, Miller, Lynn, and Kelly should end up winning at minimum 85 games.

Oh, for sure it was one of those crazy baseball flukes, and I could see it slowly begin to cool down in September, and finally crash to earth in Boston. And I agree that the starters will keep 'em in the hunt for the playoffs.

But I seriously doubt that the Central can send 3 teams to the post again. The Giants and Dodgers have been joined by the mile high, hard hittin' Rockies. We best hold our own when we travel West. ;)

Are they still going to play out the season, or do we get to hang up the NL central pennant at Miller Park right now?

What's the over/under in days on this thread being bumped to remind someon of their foolish talk? I love this team as much as the next guy, but I don't see us leading dang near wire to wire.

Archived